Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

The champions elect getting dicked off a team including Fellaini, Lingard, Young and Rashford. No wonder English teams have been fucking miles away from winning the champions league the last few years. Utter shite.

This.   

10 years ago I would have been looking forward to a top of the table clash in the EPL.   They've poured money in, but the product's fucked.   The top 6 are plain average - yet they're miles better than the rest of the league.   

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Imagine what it's like supporting Middlesbrough. 

While most probably can't, imagining supporting a random team to which you hold no allegiance should come fairly easy to you

4 minutes ago, Christophe said:

While most probably can't, imagining supporting a random team to which you hold no allegiance should come fairly easy to you

Oh it's Mr Everton :) 

I just get to the odd game. 

10 minutes ago, Christophe said:

The amount of games you go to since selecting your team is not at all relevant to the point I'm afraid! 

A football fan first though Chris. 

You still following the Ev? 

The amount of games you go to since selecting your team is not at all relevant to the point I'm afraid! 

You have no relevance or point. Just another bed-wetter giving it:

"Rab supports Liverpool, goes to their games and for no reason this really upsets me".

10 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

You have no relevance or point. Just another bed-wetter giving it:

"Rab supports Liverpool, goes to their games and for no reason this really upsets me".

No. The point is it's a bit pathetic laughing at fans of the likes of Boro when you've handily picked one of the most successful teams in English history to support. It's quite simple if you read what I quoted and responded to really, but obviously you needed it run by you again.

The champions elect getting dicked off a team including Fellaini, Lingard, Young and Rashford. No wonder English teams have been fucking miles away from winning the champions league the last few years. Utter shite.

What have you got against Rashford and why do you think he deserved to get tarred with the same brush as Lingard and Young?

I need to watch highlights today but sounds like Man Utd and Mourinho got it spot on tactically and Chelsea didn't have the answers.

No. The point is it's a bit pathetic laughing at fans of the likes of Boro when you've handily picked one of the most successful teams in English history to support. It's quite simple if you read what I quoted and responded to really, but obviously you needed it run by you again.

No, that's not clear in what you quoted & responded to at all. That's just an afterthought. What a load of pish.

14 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Come on Stew don't be like that ... you've started to get all personal ever since that City by 10 points put down earlier in the season :lol: 

In hindsight it was a poor prediction, but at the time of making it, City were demolishing everyone before them and had won 6 of their first 7 games so wasn't that ridiculous. Your bringing it up has nothing to do with me thinking your chat is dreadful though, it's because just about everything you post is dreadful that makes me think your chat is dreadful.

Middlesbrough are shite, but it's been more than 25 years, and I didn't start supporting Boro because we were ever any good, so I'm more than used to it.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

What have you got against Rashford and why do you think he deserved to get tarred with the same brush as Lingard and Young?

I need to watch highlights today but sounds like Man Utd and Mourinho got it spot on tactically and Chelsea didn't have the answers.

He was admittedly fairly decent yesterday, but in the main whenever I've seen him he's just looked like another young, overhyped English headless chicken with a bit of pace but no real tactical nous or footballing intelligence. He's only young, so might develop, but from what I've seen he'll be next in the "great young talent that never fulfilled their potential" media scrap bin.

I disagree with that but only time will tell. Don't think he has any attributed that are missing from his game and seems like he has his head screwed on and won't let the fame get the better of him.

Even though they have some shit players in the team Mourinho seems to be getting it to work and their defence is solid they just draw too many games. When people use his points record compared to LVG and Moyes it's obviously a fair comparison although now it is far easier to see exactly where Utd are falling short and they have a solid defence and set up to build upon. Under LVG particularly it was just madness, they had so many left sided players in the side and his set ups just weren't working.

54 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

In hindsight it was a poor prediction, but at the time of making it, City were demolishing everyone before them and had won 6 of their first 7 games so wasn't that ridiculous. Your bringing it up has nothing to do with me thinking your chat is dreadful though, it's because just about everything you post is dreadful that makes me think your chat is dreadful.

Middlesbrough are shite, but it's been more than 25 years, and I didn't start supporting Boro because we were ever any good, so I'm more than used to it.

Fair enough for finally replying. Man City made a very good start and I think most of us expected them to be right up there challenging. You went to the extreme though in a latest attempt to shoot me down just because Liverpool had won a few games. 

If I'm being honest with you I don't think much of your contributions either. I don't understand why you would spend your time on a Premier League thread and discuss your team. I think you are still upset because I ruined the Lolverpool thread 4/5 years ago :) 

Fair enough if it's been 25 years I had you down as a potential fan boy from the Bryan Robson era. 

28 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

He was admittedly fairly decent yesterday, but in the main whenever I've seen him he's just looked like another young, overhyped English headless chicken with a bit of pace but no real tactical nous or footballing intelligence. He's only young, so might develop, but from what I've seen he'll be next in the "great young talent that never fulfilled their potential" media scrap bin.

This has a Harry Kane, One Season Wonder, feel to it. Much as predicted Jose hasn't really given him a decent run and mainly restricted him to a bit part season. I think he'll be a cracking player with proper game time. Although suffering from the same problem as Rashford, it's Martial that's looking more like the overhyped kid at the moment.

You do realise everyone else can see it yeah?:lol:

I'm not really sure if I can see it, although I'm not too sure of the background. Did Rab just suddenly start supporting Liverpool in the last year or two and did he ditch a less successful team to do so?

If the answer to any of those two queries are No (even if one is yes) then I don't really understand why people are getting annoyed over it.

As for Rashford - the boy has done very well considering 14 months ago nobody had any idea who he was. He terrorised a Chelsea defence that has been getting praised all season long.

Archived