Premier League 2016-2017

10 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Unfortunate for Boro but they weren't good enough for the full season, if Hull joins them in going down then there will be a lot of sad faces in the North East, except Newcastle fans who will be grinning from ear to ear at their rivals misfortune. 

Hull isn't really the north east, but a local derby with Burnley appears to be more likely than ever, I think Easter road is the closest top flight ground however. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Latino Lover said:

Hull isn't really the north east, but a local derby with Burnley appears to be more likely than ever, I think Easter road is the closest top flight ground however. 

I suppose, it's more east and slightly North than proper North-East.  Not sure how Hull (East Yorkshire) and Burnley (Lancashire) are a local derby though....

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I suppose, it's more east and slightly North than proper North-East.  Not sure how Hull (East Yorkshire) and Burnley (Lancashire) are a local derby though....

Culturally Yorkshire more than north east. Rugby league is traditionally the main sport.

22 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Accrington Stanley had some strong words about the Premier League - Premier League is destroying game while EFL is starving, says Accrington chairman

This was the Premier League response...

C_aMI-sXkAIPMj3.jpg

The EPL shouldn't be giving the other leagues handouts anyway. Clubs keep ramming it home to us that football is a business after all and you don't see Tesco or M&S bailing out the local independent. Accrington should stop whinging and concentrate on balancing their books.

Archived