Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those billion pounds don't actually exist though - a lot of that money is just swirling round between the clubs.

Man City pay Everton £47m for Stones.  Everton use that to buy Williams and Bolasie from Swansea and Palace.  Palace use some of that to buy Benteke and Tomkins.  Liverpool use some of the Benteke money to buy Mane from Southampton.  West Ham use some of the Tomkins money to buy Ayew from Swansea.

All of that is basically the same 50m quid, but it's being counted about 5 times.

12 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Looks like Big Sam is going to exploit the residency qualifications for the English national team too. It's a side effect of the EPL clubs flooding their youth set ups with youngsters from all around the world that probable wasn't thought of. If they've lived in England from about 16 yo onwards they'll be able to play for them in their early 20s. I'm sure the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United/City would much rather have their players follow the European international break calendar than disappear to the Africa Cup of Nations or keep flying back to the Americas a few times a season so wouldn't be surprised if they used their influence to get them to become 'English'. 

The Premier League is guilty of fucking up many things football out of selfishness and greed so I don't see why they should restrict it only the club game.*

None of these guys will be eligible to play for England.  Having a British passport and residency in England isn't enough unless they have had 5 years of education in England before the age of 18.

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Those billion pounds don't actually exist though - a lot of that money is just swirling round between the clubs.

Man City pay Everton £47m for Stones.  Everton use that to buy Williams and Bolasie from Swansea and Palace.  Palace use some of that to buy Benteke and Tomkins.  Liverpool use some of the Benteke money to buy Mane from Southampton.  West Ham use some of the Tomkins money to buy Ayew from Swansea.

All of that is basically the same £50m quid, but it's being counted about 5 times.

And I'd be a bit surprised if the figures being reported were the actual "up front" fees aswell.

Theres photos of Hart holding a Torino top going about, so assume hes gone. Hopefully he flops.

I will be livid if Spurs waste £30 million on Sissokho. Boy is garbage. Waiting all summer for a move to Real Madrid? His agent must be on the gear to put that idea in his head. That money could be spent on someone like Isco etc. The Champions League for Spurs this season should be a bigger pull than ever if they wanted to sign top level players.

Zaha and Sissokho? [emoji38]

13 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I will be livid if Spurs waste £30 million on Sissokho. Boy is garbage. Waiting all summer for a move to Real Madrid? His agent must be on the gear to put that idea in his head. That money could be spent on someone like Isco etc. The Champions League for Spurs this season should be a bigger pull than ever if they wanted to sign top level players.

Zaha and Sissokho? emoji38.png

Sissoko is definitely talented, but he hardly ever put a shift in for us in his final two seasons. Him and his agent seem to be banking on people watching him in the Euros and not bothering to watch the vast majority of his performances for Newcastle.

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He'd have to move house and adapt his game abroad though - much better to take the easy option. How much is he going to learn from Pardew and staying in London? Going to a Juventus or similar would have done wonders for him.

Was going to post something along those lines. When he was linked with AC Milan, I thought that'd be his best option, poor team and a good medical set-up. So he'd probably get games and be looked after when he does finally get injured.

The move is more about him actually trying to play somewhere close to a seasons worth of first team football, rather than development. He is a good midfielder when he plays, it's just that he never does.

Eta Naismith linked with Sunderland

Roma would be a good move for Wilshere. Big club, European football (albeit not the CL), good squad of players, a couple of big names there with Totti and De Rossi, plus he's played at Arsenal with a couple of them before so they would help him settle in. The only thing is I don't think he'd be guaranteed a game every week.

Archived