Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

None of these guys will be eligible to play for England.  Having a British passport and residency in England isn't enough unless they have had 5 years of education in England before the age of 18.

Forgot UK had gone their own way on this.

Adidas confirmed Pogba shirt sales have reached £190m since he signed three weeks ago. Kind of puts into perspective the business side of it and will hopefully help a few of those who don't understand how football works as a business.

People do understand it, it doesn't mean they have to agree with it.

1 minute ago, dogmc said:

Wouldn't arsenal prefer him to be in another league though?

Probably a clause meaning he cant play against his parent club. 

Middlesbrough and Villa have basically swapped Albert Adomah and Adama Traore.

Sad to see Adomah leave, always liked him a lot, but his final ball probably isn't quite good enough for the premier league. Traore looks pretty raw, but seems to be potential there. Fingers crossed Karanka can help mould him in to a player.

Adidas confirmed Pogba shirt sales have reached £190m since he signed three weeks ago. Kind of puts into perspective the business side of it and will hopefully help a few of those who don't understand how football works as a business.

Does that all go to the club though?

5 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Does that all go to the club though?

I read an article that the club gets very little of that, the article was exploding the myth that players sell shirts, apparently because Man Utd got such a large up front payment they get very little of shirt sales. they have to sell a massive amount of shirts before the club gets a small % of any amount above that. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

Probably a clause meaning he cant play against his parent club. 

Spose so but if they are loaning him with a view to keep him long term I would have thought a move abroad would be more beneficial than a relegation battle with Bournemouth

19 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

In what respect did Arsenal make it difficult for Roma? I'd have thought Arsenal would have preferred him to go there.

And if I was Wilshere I'd be choking to go to Rome.

I saw earlier that the clubs had a disagreement when Arsenal were interested in Manolas earlier this summer. Not sure if there's any truth in that.

Archived