Group B: England vs Wales

AMC13

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany don't look too clever defensively tonight and I'd fancy England to beat them if/when they came up against them just now. To be honest, it's all well and good having a good defence but if you have a strong attacking force then you have every chance of beating that side with the good defence....and indeed, England have already beaten both Germany and France in the past year, albeit in friendlies, but they've beaten them all the same. They have as good a chance as any of winning this tournament and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Neuer/Hummels/Boateng is still stronger than Hart/Cahill/Smalling, and Neuer is far less likely to chuck one in like Hart did today. 

England only have a chance if they can figure out their best set up, so far Hodgsons approach to this conundrum is to guess on his best starting line up and then just chuck every attacker on when he realises its not working. The way the played today, especially in the final twenty minutes, was utter suicide, and you can easily see them dominating possession against Italy, Hodgson doing his usual and sticking four forwards on the pitch because they've not scored yet, and Italy ripping them apart on the counter. He's their biggest problem.

If England draw (particularly) Germany in the latter stages, mentality will come into it alot.

They have a pathological mindset obstacle in that scenario, similar to Scotland's 'glorious failure'.

I think England are serious contenders this time, they look as if they're just ready to skelp someone in this tournament.

I think England are serious contenders this time, they look as if they're just ready to skelp someone in this tournament.

Based on what though? I doubt the Wales or Russia keeper came away from their respective games thinking "by f**k, I earned my wages today". I won't deny England have passed it around really nicely, but they lack that final pass which is what I said from the outset. Harry Kane has barely touched the ball. Like him or not you can't deny the guy can finish, the fact he hasn't been even close to having a real chance of scoring says it all about how poor England have been at finding that killer pass.

England won't win it and I'll happily do a charity bet that they won't reach the semi's either.

Bales are really doing very little to convince me personally that they are not a 1 man team............Speaking of their 1 Player bar his free kick which the poser hart chucked in what else did he actually do apart from act the " big I am" when decisions were not going his teams way?

People talking about Delle Alli being more interested in getting into the needle? quite sure the supposed other Welsh superstar Ramsey was the same, he seems to think he is some sort of god especially with that awful haircut.

I am probably one of the few Scottish People who actually celebrated when England got the winner.....will probably never do that again but worth it to see the smiles wiped off the face of Bales.

Got serious love for Rashford though, the kid just looks so at home at this level, just a pity that Mourinho will kill his career........

I think Woy makes too many dodgy decisions and too loyal to some in order for England to seriously be contenders but at least he isn't scared of blooding new players when it matters, wouldn't see the clown Strachan do that unless its Gordon Greer......

Bales are really doing very little to convince me personally that they are not a 1 man team............Speaking of their 1 Player bar his free kick which the poser hart chucked in what else did he actually do apart from act the " big I am" when decisions were not going his teams way?

So they're a one man team and their one man has been rubbish and yet they were 30 seconds away from having 4 points after 2 games. Sound logic

Germany don't look too clever defensively tonight and I'd fancy England to beat them if/when they came up against them just now. To be honest, it's all well and good having a good defence but if you have a strong attacking force then you have every chance of beating that side with the good defence....and indeed, England have already beaten both Germany and France in the past year, albeit in friendlies, but they've beaten them all the same. They have as good a chance as any of winning this tournament and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

From the games that I've seen no one has been a stand out team thus far. As for England, the f**k up is coming, any way you look at it. A draw against the worst Russian team ever and a last minute win against a shite Welsh team doesn't get my hopes up. Smalling, Cahill and Rose are teargas, if it were Rio, Terry and Cole in this team, then I might think differently

Based on what though? I doubt the Wales or Russia keeper came away from their respective games thinking "by f**k, I earned my wages today". I won't deny England have passed it around really nicely, but they lack that final pass which is what I said from the outset. Harry Kane has barely touched the ball. Like him or not you can't deny the guy can finish, the fact he hasn't been even close to having a real chance of scoring says it all about how poor England have been at finding that killer pass.

England won't win it and I'll happily do a charity bet that they won't reach the semi's either.

Based on watching games, they're slowly finding the correct combination of forward thinking players that will unlock defences of teams actually interested in going forward.

Archived