Group B: England vs Wales

AMC13

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muller is 26 and has 72 caps for Germany. Holy shit.

Has a chance of becoming the joint highest goal scorer in World Cup history before he is 30. Has 10 goals already, needs 6 to catch Klose. Should become the highest goal scorer after 2022, if hes still good enough to be in the team by then, you never know with this German conveyor belt.

I think you vastly overestimate the quality of the English Premier League.

This is twice I've quoted you on this thread.  Not stalking, honest!

The biggest criticism about The EPL isn't so much its quality - but the fact that it isn't English, apart from some fans and the stadiums.

Not my cup of tea if i'm honest.

But then I will admit that all ill feelings toward the England team I have are purely down to the English media. I really hate them.

I can watch Englands team and appreciate what they do well and badly. I dont even really grudge them a win, but I cannot stand the fickleness of the media

Oh I agree there.

The rugby mob may be even worse. But their tabloid press just kills their team to the point it appears they actively want England to lose.

Can't understand the folk on here slating Rooney's performance. He and lalana were by far England's most technically competent players

Walker is a fecking bombscare. All he can do is run like f**k. Bit like an English Alan Hutton actually

Can't understand the folk on here slating Rooney's performance. He and lalana were by far England's most technically competent players

Walker is a fecking bombscare. All he can do is run like f**k. Bit like an English Alan Hutton actually

Just J Stewart tbf, and he's a fud

Guest DAVIDB69

Rooney is utterly pointless playing in midfield. Just wanders about hitting crossfield passes and hardly contributing anything whilst doing it.

It's just a ruse that he is a midfield genius as he is contractually undroppable

Hodgson is a tactical genius for putting on two players halfway through when they should have started. Greatest manager in history!

Can't really complain about that, better team over the 90.

Yes. He saw the strong possibility of 1-1 and just panicked and threw forwards on, imo. Doesn't matter who is the "better" side, it's goals that count.

This. England should have learned about accomodating players with successive managers insisting on Gerrard and Lampard shoehorned into the same team.

I said this repeatedly to my dad on Saturday before the Russia game, until I watched him play in there. He's been very good so far this tournament and looks perfect for that role.

Hes passable in midfield, but wouldnt their midfield be better with a genuine midfielder in there?

He's been playing there for Man United too it's not like they're just doing anything they can to get him in the side. I was actually in 2 minds over whether or not they should take him but I dunno how you can say he hasn't justified his place in the team.

I thought Rooney was good in midfield. He is clearly more technically capable than the rest of the England players, his passing is pretty good and his drives forward from midfield should be an asset. It'd be pointless to play him in midfield if his attacking side is limited.

It'll be interesting to see if Mourinho sticks him in there. But i imagine it'll be how tactically disciplined he can me, whilst actually remaining an attacking asset.

If you don't think Rooney has played very well in the first two games then you were not really watching the games or have no clue about football.  He's been pulling the strings in there - in two games where they've heavily dominated.

The opposition has possible been pretty weak but that doesn't detract from Rooney's performance.

I can't believe Walker was being slagged either.  He's arguably England's biggest threat.

Walker was outstanding, Rooney controlled the game. 

Rashford looked very handy when he came on, I think it would be wise for Sturridge, Vardy and Rashford all to start against Slovakia.

Lallana was excellent as well.

No, that's how I see it.

The only side who come close to them in that respect are France. The likes of Spain, Germany, Italy and to an extent Portugal are good technical sides with a great deal of quality but none of those sides have such a wealth of forward players at their disposal. Indeed, having watched Spain and Germany, I'd say that they lack that recognised striker, someone you could rely on to get the goals. 

England have Kane, Sturbridge and Vardy - all of whom are proven goalscorers and prolific with it, plus Radford, Rooney and Sterling capable of getting goals as well. I'd say that is a pretty impressive pool of attackers. 

While I agree with you in principle about England having the best options in terms depth of attackers, its been proven by almost every single International tournament that the team with the best defence generally wins it. Neither England or France fit that criteria while Italy, Germany and Spain do. 

Germany don't look too clever defensively tonight and I'd fancy England to beat them if/when they came up against them just now. To be honest, it's all well and good having a good defence but if you have a strong attacking force then you have every chance of beating that side with the good defence....and indeed, England have already beaten both Germany and France in the past year, albeit in friendlies, but they've beaten them all the same. They have as good a chance as any of winning this tournament and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Archived