Group C: Deutschland vs Polska

lichtie23

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need to put Gomez on.

Lowe tried the same system at the start of the last World Cup and Germany were rubbish with it then as well. They didn't start playing well until they started Klose.

I have as well and it's annoying as he'd be in with a chance if they played a proper striker.

No point playing the shite Gomez just to shoehorn a striker in them. Their big problem is that the best two centre-forwards they have are Muller and Podolski and both of those are more at home on the wing

I'd go something like:

Neuer

Howedes-Boateng-Hummels-Hector

Kroos-Khedira

Gotze-Ozil-Draxler

Muller

Same 11 but put Muller up top and Gotze wide right

Surely South Africa 2010 is the worst one ever

Everyone forgets that Italia '90 was utter dugshite for large parts. South Africa 2010 was a much more enjoyable tournament by comparison. This one's been a bit flat so far, but there's still plenty of time for it to pick up.

Opinions being the way they are, no doubt there's someone in the world who looks back fondly upon England & Ireland's 1990 group as the pinnacle of international football competition   :P

This game seriously needs a goal. Preferably for Poland.

I'd say the opposite. Poland are defending with 10 behind the ball. If they score that won't change. At least if Germany score the Poles would have to open up a bit more.

I'd say the opposite. Poland are defending with 10 behind the ball. If they score that won't change. At least if Germany score the Poles would have to open up a bit more.

You're probably right. I've been nodding off.

Everyone forgets that Italia '90 was utter dugshite for large parts. South Africa 2010 was a much more enjoyable tournament by comparison. This one's been a bit flat so far, but there's still plenty of time for it to pick up.

Opinions being the way they are, no doubt there's someone in the world who looks back fondly upon England & Ireland's 1990 group as the pinnacle of international football competition :P

There seemed to be a great atmosphere surrounding that tournament (although I think it might be because I was 9 and properly watching games). The English definitely look back fondly you that one.

Pavarotti made it for me. That and Roger milla.

Archived