Jo Cox MP

Are people really going to blame the Tories for this? People fall through the nets all the time, regardless of how how far reaching they are. It is a terrible, terrible event and playing the blame game is only going to lead to us forgetting about the poor women and her family.

No one has blamed the Tories.

There is one poster patiently waiting on them getting the blame though.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mental illness neither explains or justifies his actions, nor is it a reason to discount any other motive or influence. Millions of people live with treated/untreated recognised/unrecognised severe/occassional mental illness every day and don't do things like this.

All the more reason to have a thought when you throw out your dogwhistle racism that the ill, stupid, fearful and downright b*****ds might not get it's all a fun wee parlour game for advantage in a political knockabout.

Agreed

No one has blamed the Tories.

There is one poster patiently waiting on them getting the blame though.

Sorry wasn't accusing anyone of doing so, just shocked that people would exploit this, but I guess that is the way the world is.

Read the part where i said the only person to blame was the attacker? Others might look to apportion blame but ultimately the only person who made that man pull the trigger is himself.

Didn't mean to seem like I was accusing you, I was just asking the question in response to what you said.

I think it's time for reflection on the part of a significant number of posters on here. Very quick to demonise the right whilst exercising the right to abuse all who aren't card carrying nationalists, there are some who claim the moral high ground whilst holding very narrow minded, intolerant opinions.

I think it's time for reflection on the part of a significant number of posters on here. Very quick to demonise the right whilst exercising the right to abuse all who aren't card carrying nationalists, there are some who claim the moral high ground whilst holding very narrow minded, intolerant opinions.

f**k off.

Mental illness neither explains or justifies his actions, nor is it a reason to discount any other motive or influence. Millions of people live with treated/untreated recognised/unrecognised severe/occassional mental illness every day and don't do things like this.

All the more reason to have a thought when you throw out your dogwhistle racism that the ill, stupid, fearful and downright b*****ds might not get it's all a fun wee parlour game for advantage in a political knockabout.

Your posts on this issue are tabloidesque.

'Mental illness neither explains or justifies his actions'? That's the sort of logic they use in Texas for giving severely retarded adults lethal injections.

I have no idea what this guys mental competence is, neither do you. The difference is I am prepared to wait until more information is available before drawing conclusions.

Well said.

The hate, vitriol and invective shown by those on here who claim to be liberal and progressive is shocking and comes from the same place that racists, bigots and abusers find their hate.

As you say, made all the worse by their delusion of holding the moral high ground and laying sole claim to qualities such as decency etc whilst displaying the polar opposite with their venom....

Your posts on this issue are tabloidesque.

'Mental illness neither explains or justifies his actions'? That's the sort of logic they use in Texas for giving severely retarded adults lethal injections.

I have no idea what this guys mental competence is, neither do you. The difference is I am prepared to wait until more information is available before drawing conclusions.

f**k up. 

I spent 4 years working in mental health services. People who dismiss the sort of actions we have seen today as the work of "psychos or loonies" insult millions of people with mental health issues who live with illness every day.

You undoubtedly need to have some sort of mental health disorder to murder someone in cold blood but that isnt the reason somebody acts out like that.

Quite simply you have no idea what you are talking about and you can take your worthless patronising mawkish " this isnt the time or place" and bore someone else with it.

The Far Right deserve every bit of contempt they get.

I find it appalling there is people in this thread. Trying to exploit this tragic murder for their own political point scoring. By trying to invent a narrative for the murderer. According to all the people who knew this guy, he's apolitical. From what I've gathered this guy was crazy and got involved in an altercation with another guy. Only for Jo Cox to intervene and get killed as a result of her intervention. 

I find it appalling there is people in this thread. Trying to exploit this tragic murder for their own political point scoring. By trying to invent a narrative for the murderer. According to all the people who knew this guy, he's apolitical. From what I've gathered this guy was crazy and got involved in an altercation with another guy. Only for Jo Cox to intervene and get killed as a result of her intervention. 

Any proof of this?

Any proof of this?

We'd have to wait for an official investigation or statement to get to the bottom of this. I'm relying on witness statements and claims, which is my only option at this stage.

f**k up. 

I spent 4 years working in mental health services. People who dismiss the sort of actions we have seen today as the work of "psychos or loonies" insult millions of people with mental health issues who live with illness every day.

You undoubtedly need to have some sort of mental health disorder to murder someone in cold blood but that isnt the reason somebody acts out like that.

Quite simply you have no idea what you are talking about and you can take your worthless patronising mawkish " this isnt the time or place" and bore someone else with it.

Right, so you've worked for 4 years in mental health so no one else has a valid opinion? If someone had worked for 5 years in mental health and posted an alternate view to yours on here would that negate your position?

I probably agree with 90+ % of your posts on this forum but on this issue you have made up your mind without having hardly any facts. your more interested in trying to score political points than anything else.

Deflection of the utmost extreme.

The killer was not apolitical but had known links to the far right and to extremists in South Africa.

He also had previous regards harassing her - this wasn't some accidental death trying to stop a scuffle - who the f**k goes around armed with a knife and hand gun if it's not to use them in some sort of planned way?

Archived