Gordon Strachan

Elixir

Who is getting into a state. So Mr. Linekar things its funny....in that case...it really must be funny.

People are saying its fucking bullying ffs. :lol:

And that's not what I meant.

Snodgrass spoke about it last night, said Strachan was having to wait on Rodney because he was speaking to him. Good wee laugh, no big deal. [emoji1360]

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is that he is using bad language to a complete stranger who is only trying to do his job. He could and should have handled it differently. Reaction to that type of stuff is absolutely different from Country to Country.

Anyway...you are right it is no big deal....its wrong....but no big deal.

By the way let me assure everyone that I cant see any signs of any posters against his comments that could be construed as being in a state.

Cmon Scotland

My point is that he is using bad language to a complete stranger who is only trying to do his job. He could and should have handled it differently. Reaction to that type of stuff is absolutely different from Country to Country.

Anyway...you are right it is no big deal....its wrong....but no big deal.

By the way let me assure everyone that I cant see any signs of any posters against his comments that could be construed as being in a state.

Cmon Scotland

Ach! You know Lichtie. He just can't take his tongue out of Wee Gordon 's shitter!

It's weird how objecting to something, even in pretty measured tones, always gets portrayed on here as being in a state about it.

When I get mucked about at work in scenarios requiring endless patience, I'm really not allowed to swear at the public.  And I don't actually matter.

Strachan alas, does.

Don't know what kind of work you're in but in the construction office based side of things where I've worked it happens all the time. First time I got in trouble by my boss at 17 I was called a fucking useless cuntpuss or something along those lines. Footballs very similar for swearing and bad language, he said the f word, big deal.

Highly amusing some wee softies being upset at Strachan swearing. As an earlier poster pointed out, he may have been standing around waiting for a few minutes. I liked the interviewer trying to get Strachan to step to his left and then saying 'Rodney' for a 4th time :lol: It gets funnier every time I watch the clip. 

Best bit is folk saying that "top" managers don't act that way. Mourinhos told reporters that they're idiots and should just type their questions into Google for answers, SAF regularly had pot shots at reporters when frustrated and Van Gaal has called a reporter fat.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Best bit is folk saying that "top" managers don't act that way. Mourinhos told reporters that they're idiots and should just type their questions into Google for answers, SAF regularly had pot shots at reporters when frustrated and Van Gaal has called a reporter fat.

Yes, also dicks who abuse their positions of power.

Highly amusing some wee softies being upset at Strachan swearing. As an earlier poster pointed out, he may have been standing around waiting for a few minutes. I liked the interviewer trying to get Strachan to step to his left and then saying 'Rodney' for a 4th time :lol: It gets funnier every time I watch the clip. 

There's definitely hints of "DAN!" About it [emoji3]

Im not in the slightest bit upset about it.

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

More sweary bullying.

How marvellous.

Chick the Dick got exactly what he deserved. He skirted the issue, by using the 'big name Europeans' tagline instead of having a go at Smith for not fucking using them well enough (It was the defeat to AEK Athens, btw), and most of these fuds sit up all night dreaming of ways to undermine a manager without him realising it. I'd be glad that any manager wasn't so stupid, or naive to fall for that, or stand for being fucked about by telly lackeys, when they have to control millionaire, arsehole footballers and justify why they can't bother their arse in games. 

The video is nothing to get worked up about. Did Mourinho offend anyone when he said he was more worried about bird flu from a Scottish swan, than his rivals in the league? 

For fucks' sake, man. 

2 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Chick the Dick got exactly what he deserved. He skirted the issue, by using the 'big name Europeans' tagline instead of having a go at Smith for not fucking using them well enough (It was the defeat to AEK Athens, btw), and most of these fuds sit up all night dreaming of ways to undermine a manager without him realising it. I'd be glad that any manager wasn't so stupid, or naive to fall for that, or stand for being fucked about by telly lackeys, when they have to control millionaire, arsehole footballers and justify why they can't bother their arse in games. 

The video is nothing to get worked up about. Did Mourinho offend anyone when he said he was more worried about bird flu from a Scottish swan, than his rivals in the league? 

For fucks' sake, man. 

The mitigating factor is obviously the fact that the bullying victim was in that case, Chick Young.

However, I don't like that sort of stuff, as a rule.  

There's a horrible clip of Jock Wallace shouting aggressively at some young lad trying to grab him for a TV interview at the end of a Cup final.  It's a case of someone behaving like a nasty sod because he can.  Few things are less impressive than that kind of abuse of rank and power.

Archived