Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

PSG getting pelters for being defensive, but Enrique deserves credit for going with the 3-3-1-3. They overwhelmed PSG for most of the first half and forced them to turn over the ball so many times.

Whilst the penalty claims may have been on the soft side, I think both defenders have been quite naive. It's Suarez and Neymar FFS, the second you lay a hand on them they're going to chuck themselves to the ground.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PSG getting pelters for being defensive, but Enrique deserves credit for going with the 3-3-1-3. They overwhelmed PSG for most of the first half and forced them to turn over the ball so many times.
Whilst the penalty claims may have been on the soft side, I think both defenders have been quite naive. It's Suarez and Neymar FFS, the second you lay a hand on them they're going to chuck themselves to the ground.

Didn't they get a penalty when Neymar tripped over a defender who'd fallen down? How was the defender naive?

Would still like a wee looky-see at the Di Maria incident.
Ferdinand mentioned it as a miss but it looked like he could have been clipped from behind.

I reckon he went for a cheeky wee dink, got a wee nudge as his kicking foot went down and he kicks into the ground and goes down. Not enough for a penalty. Should have put the laces through it.

Was out but cannot wait to see the highlights.

Barcelona for the last 6/7 years or whatever at their peak have just been on a different level to anyone ever. What a fucking team. Honestly, furious I've lost my bank card would've loved a wee punt on them going through.

Few lucky bassas guaranteed to have won big the night.

Superb,

Tonight took me back so many years. My 10 year old can't be arsed with Airdrie (don't blame him to be honest) but he loves Barca (Messi) When the last goal went in he was literally shaking. The memories of me watching the diamonds in the early 90's came flooding back. Fitba is wonderful.

39 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Didn't they get a penalty when Neymar tripped over a defender who'd fallen down? How was the defender naive?

Looked to me like the defender threw himself towards Neymar on the way down.

He stops Neymar running with his head. Cmon mate.

I thought you were joking when you said that! The defender trips over, there's no foul there at all.

I'd be raging if that was given against Hearts.

This is where I saw it (about 5.20mins in)

Archived