EU Referendum Results/Updates thread

Alan Stubbs

Until Corbyn resigns or dies (I'm not fussed), the Lib Dems are the only unequivocably Europhile party at UK level and there were 48% who voted to Remain which is a hell of a lot of people from a Lib Dem standpoint

The Lib Dems could campaign hard on the Europhilic vote in England and Wales (less so in Scotland where we have the SNP for that) and it could get them success in some areas, but ultimately it's hard to see the two main parties getting much less than 2/3 of the national popular vote and we know UKIP will get a lot of support

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is a snap election, what does everyone reckon about the Scottish seats? I don't think the SNP will gain any, they'll probably lose one or two and take Orkney. It would be great if it was a sea of yellow again though.

I think they'd unseat Ian Murray and David Mundell but the Lib Dems would win back North East Fife and Edinburgh West. The Tories would probably win that seat down in the borders that used to be Michael Moore's seat, and Labour would be wiped out. 

I think they'd unseat Ian Murray and David Mundell but the Lib Dems would win back North East Fife and Edinburgh West. The Tories would probably win that seat down in the borders that used to be Michael Moore's seat, and Labour would be wiped out.

Yeah that could be right, I thought the Tories would maybe gain from the borders somehow. I never thought of the Lib Dems actually.

The Lib Dems could campaign hard on the Europhilic vote in England and Wales (less so in Scotland where we have the SNP for that) and it could get them success in some areas, but ultimately it's hard to see the two main parties getting much less than 2/3 of the national popular vote and we know UKIP will get a lot of support

At the moment the Lib Dem's only have 8 MPs they don't need much success for the result to be a giant leap forward from their point of view.

Labour could actually make big gains up here. Christ it wouldn't be hard given their current state. A simple pledge of devomax would be enough to draw in votes.

Devo max is dead if Brussels decides the only way Scotland can stay in the EU is by applying as an Indy nation

Devo max is dead if Brussels decides the only way Scotland can stay in the EU is by applying as an Indy nation

Seeing as Donald Tusk seems to busy to meet with our first minister. I'm getting the impression the EU really couldn't give a toss about us at all.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14584885.EU_Council_President_Donald_Tusk_snubs_Nicola_Sturgeon/?ref=rss

"Finally we are going to get rid of the biggest waste in the EU budget, which we have paid for 17 years, your salary!" he told Mr Farage :lol:

Wow! And this is from one of the leaders in the EU. It just goes to show where their values are. The greatest waste of EU money is paying the salary of an elected representative?

Seeing as Donald Tusk seems to busy to meet with our first minister. I'm getting the impression the EU really couldn't give a toss about us at all. http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14584885.EU_Council_President_Donald_Tusk_snubs_Nicola_Sturgeon/?ref=rss

Never due to meet him

The Daily Mail, Daily Express and Herald all running with  "Sturgeon snubbed by EU" stories, apparently all off the back of a few tweets by Kay fucking Burley.  The reality is:

1. Alberto Nardelli @AlbertoNardelli
    Juncker meeting @NicolaSturgeon this afternoon. There is a lot of goodwill towards Scotland from both institutions & EU governments

The Daily Mail, Daily Express and Herald all running with "Sturgeon snubbed by EU" stories, apparently all off the back of a few tweets by Kay fucking Burley. The reality is:

• Alberto Nardelli @AlbertoNardelli

Juncker meeting @NicolaSturgeon this afternoon. There is a lot of goodwill towards Scotland from both institutions & EU governments

The north koreans would be embarrassed by our print media. Genuinely dont get why none of them have thought 'wait our circulation is plummeting.....maybe we should try a different approach? '

Archived