EU Referendum Results/Updates thread

Alan Stubbs

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and Smithy and Vegan Steve were chatting up a few Czechoslovakian birds in East Kilbride the other night and wee Smithy made a week received joke about them getting deported. Racist sub human scum our wee smithy IMO

No such nationality.   

It's starting to look like not much will change for the "fat cat capitalists" and immigration will continue. Probably the ordinary workers who will suffer most. No EHIC, dearer insurance, no cheap holiday booze, no 'place in the sun', workers' rights being eroded (guaranteed)

I wait to see the unemployment figures tumbling.

It's starting to look like not much will change for the "fat cat capitalists" and immigration will continue. Probably the ordinary workers who will suffer most. No EHIC, dearer insurance, no cheap holiday booze, no 'place in the sun', workers' rights being eroded (guaranteed)

I wait to see the unemployment figures tumbling.

What a load of pish. Assuming we are in the EEA then the EHIC will continue, and holiday booze would surely be cheaper if we weren't in Europe at all

Is it likely that May or Gove or Fox or the other one that nobody has heard of could actually negotiate withdrawal from everything but the EEA?

That would seem to me be the least bad option at this point.

Is it likely that May or Gove or Fox or the other one that nobody has heard of could actually negotiate withdrawal from everything but the EEA?

That would seem to me be the least bad option at this point.

Yeah the least bad option that includes a continuation on the free movement of labour which in turn will infuriate half the Tory voters, all the UKIP voters and a fair share of other voters. Subject to all the European regulations relating to trade but absolutely no influence over them. How's that for taking back control.

BTW I'm not disagreeing with you but the pushback will be enormous.

What a load of pish. Assuming we are in the EEA then the EHIC will continue, and holiday booze would surely be cheaper if we weren't in Europe at all

You'll be paying about the same as Spanish supermarket prices but be restricted to a couple of bottles. 

If you want a good point and laugh at leave voters, have a read at John Niven in the Sunday Mail.

1st up I want to say I didn't buy the paper but am sat here reading it as an alternative to watching women play tennis at Wimbledon.

I must say I'm staggered it was printed as he doesn't hold back in calling leave voters all sorts. None of it complimentary.

Yeah the least bad option that includes a continuation on the free movement of labour which in turn will infuriate half the Tory voters, all the UKIP voters and a fair share of other voters. Subject to all the European regulations relating to trade but absolutely no influence over them. How's that for taking back control.

BTW I'm not disagreeing with you but the pushback will be enormous.

Stay in the EEA but no free movement maybe?

If you want a good point and laugh at leave voters, have a read at John Niven in the Sunday Mail.

1st up I want to say I didn't buy the paper but am sat here reading it as an alternative to watching women play tennis at Wimbledon.

I must say I'm staggered it was printed as he doesn't hold back in calling leave voters all sorts. None of it complimentary.

Interesting point that 46% of the morons who voted Leave believed the blatant lie that £350 million would be freed up to spend on the NHS. Grounds for a rerun imo.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/john-niven-leave-voters-cant-8333561#IqqlWotlz0zohho5.97

Every member of the EEA has free movement. You can't be a member otherwise.

But the UK will, because Great Britain. It only has to leave a club to be able to dictate the rules of that club from outside. Because GREAT Britain.

Archived