Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

A genuine Hibs legend and a fantastic defender.

Do we still have the best defence in Britain? 

Don't see why we wouldn't. We haven't conceded more than 1 goal in the league since Ayr in September.

we better sign someone soon. 

2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:
Think his contract is up at the end of the season, need that sorted asap. Along with Fyvie and Gray, I think.

The sooner we wrap this league up the sooner we can get deals done for those 3 players (plus possibly Laidlaw). From what I can see they're all happy to stay at Hibs just as long as we're playing Premiership football in August.

Also, saw "Commons" trending on Twitter and clicked on it, only to find out what's been going on at PMQs in Westminster. :rolleyes:

Daz McGregor :wub:

It's amazing how many serious injuries that group of players have had between them. The one's who haven't are mostly the players that have been at Hibs for most of their career and suffered their own lows. In one way or another, pretty much the whole cup winning team had a bit of a redemption story going on.

Rodgers did an interview earlier on which made it sound like a move back to Hibs was down to Commons making a decision on his future. It did sound like a permanent deal was on the table from what he was saying.

Rodgers did an interview earlier on which made it sound like a move back to Hibs was down to Commons making a decision on his future. It did sound like a permanent deal was on the table from what he was saying.

Aye I just seen that on twitter.

His interview after the Dumbarton game seems to suggest he wanted to stay but we'll just wait and see.

20 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Massive statement from the club if we get him, even if he doesn't come the club have shown ambition in trying to make it happen. 

Changed days at Easter Road.

Maybe Petrie has realised despite how much he's penny pinched over the years the support is still there and coupled with us winning the cup he's thought f**k this and went supporter mental :lol:

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Isn't he on about £20k a week?

I'll be very happy if this prediction turns out to be wrong but I'm going to go ahead and call it that he won't be signing a permanent deal with us.

He's not going to get that again.  Best pals with Lennon, coaching role, stranger things have happened.  His attitude alone says he will make a top coach too. 

32 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

He's not going to get that again.  Best pals with Lennon, coaching role, stranger things have happened.  His attitude alone says he will make a top coach too. 

Obviously but the question is how big of that can he recoup elsewhere. What would we offer, 1/10th of that? A League 1 diddy team were offering us £1.8m for a player recently, if any half decent English team comes in for him, we'll be miles off their offer.

I hope you're right but just can't see it.

5 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Obviously but the question is how big of that can he recoup elsewhere. What would we offer, 1/10th of that? A League 1 diddy team were offering us £1.8m for a player recently, if any half decent English team comes in for him, we'll be miles off their offer.

I hope you're right but just can't see it.

Lennon wants him part of his back room staff, Commons wants into coaching eventually he enjoyed it at Hibs learning training and teaching (fantastic by all accounts)  I can see him staying, he's got ambitions to be a manager one day and a footballing brain, I'm told one step ahead of the game. I will be delighted if he signs on. America etc won't assist his aspirations. 

Archived