Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Hanlon out tomorrow and probably the Ayr game. Gray out tomorrow so Forster will probably come in at right back. What do people make of Forster? I've always felt more comfortable with him at centre back than Fontaine.

I think he'll be back for the Ayr game, Lennon was hopeful he'd be back for QoS next week but maybe it's a better idea to rest him since they play on the plastic surface.  The thought of Fontaine against Dobbie gives me nightmares though! 

I agree re Forster, I think both of them have a mistake in them but imo Forster is the better footballer and the better centre half.  Fontaine has been good for us in the past but he's been doing my head in this season, he's quite slow so why he feels the need to run into the midfield with the ball, which he normally loses, I'll never know! We also tend to hoof it more when he plays.  I didn't think he had a good game last week and it really annoyed me when he went up for headers whilst Forster and Daz hung back, he hardly ever wins a header in the opposition box and when he does it  hardly ever goes anywhere near the target.  We know that Jordon is a goal threat from set pieces so why not let him go and Fonts hang back!?

8 hours ago, LeeHFC said:

I think he'll be back for the Ayr game, Lennon was hopeful he'd be back for QoS next week but maybe it's a better idea to rest him since they play on the plastic surface.  The thought of Fontaine against Dobbie gives me nightmares though! 

I agree re Forster, I think both of them have a mistake in them but imo Forster is the better footballer and the better centre half.  Fontaine has been good for us in the past but he's been doing my head in this season, he's quite slow so why he feels the need to run into the midfield with the ball, which he normally loses, I'll never know! We also tend to hoof it more when he plays.  I didn't think he had a good game last week and it really annoyed me when he went up for headers whilst Forster and Daz hung back, he hardly ever wins a header in the opposition box and when he does it  hardly ever goes anywhere near the target.  We know that Jordon is a goal threat from set pieces so why not let him go and Fonts hang back!?

I rate Forster too. Much more athletic than Fontaine but maybe doesn't read the game quite as well. Between having a few injuries and the signing of that dreamboat McGregor his development has been hampered a bit and really needs games. Got the potential to be a good scottish premiership centre half but I'm not sure he will play enough games for us to reach it. 

I would agree that he is nowhere near Hanlon or McGregor at the moment but he has a lot of potential if he was to get regular game time.  Even when he went out on loan Adams played him as a right back quite a lot.

I would definitely play him over Fontaine, I haven't been impressed with Fonts at all in the past two game.  Really hope Hanlon is back for Saturday, the thought of a pacy winger running at Fonts gives me the fear! 

The lad that's scoring a few goals for Stirling, worth a punt on a trial I suppose, I trust Lenny's judgement. It'll be interesting to see if anything gets done in this window. Wouldn't be too surprised if nothing happens, but then again I wouldn't say no to us adding one or two!

Cover for Stevenson should be a priority.  Other than that it'd be a couple of essentially luxury signings like someone to link midfield to forwards if Commons doesn't stay although I still think Shinnie can do that job and a big forward who can hold the ball (and score goals) but Holt should be good enough until the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

I'd want us to sign a left winger with pace. Commons as well as an extra signing to boost the team over the line. 

1 hour ago, Kool Keith said:

Someone on the left would be good so Boyle doesn't have to play out there.

Aye. We have Humphrey, Boyle and at a push Keatings who can play out wide. Could easily end up having to change back to the diamond with a few injuries and f**k that.

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

At this point I'd rather we signed up some of our key players, McGregor and Fyvie for starters. 

Also this.

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Scott Gallacher mutually terminated by St. Mirren...going to Hibs. 

Some move for a guy with such little talent to pull that one out of the bag.

We're very short on keepers with our first choice out again, I doubt he'll play and he'll be on a low wage.

Archived