Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Aye there will be some celebrations/relief and rightly so. f**k having a pitch invasion though, that would be a total minter. I just want it confirmed first tbh. It's been dragging on for months! 

Noticed a stat today that surprised me. Only three times have a team gone on to win their next league game after facing Hibs. Teams in this league obviously giving it their all against us then sliding back down to their usual standard against the others. What a massive deal we are. 

Genuinely some hibs fans saying don't sing about it, don't mention it, don't over clap the players. f**k me man, should we just go home and tan our wrists that it's took us three years to get out it? 

25 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

What's everyone thoughts about the people who keep saying "don't celebrate on Saturday if we win the league cause it's embarrassing" ect. Obviously, not going to be over the top celebrations like the cup win but people are still entitled to celebrate it on the day. After 3 years of going to Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Alloa, Ayr I think we are allowed to celebrate getting out of it rather than being big headed arseholes thinking we are better and bigger than this league. 

The only embarrassment would be if we win the title on Saturday and don't celebrate it. I would expect the majority of our fans to storm the field and goad the f**k out of the Queens fans, batter any opposing player that gets in the way. The obvious targets should be Hamill, Lyle, Rankin and Tapping. We should give Carmichael and Dobbie a pass but in the excitement of it all if they get smashed then so be it. Hopefully Mon Dieu leaves with the corpse of Lyle over his shoulder.

5 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I'll be on the pitch as soon as the final whistle goes.

hoops%20boss%20neil%20lennon%20thumbs%20

Happy to celebrate getting out of the league but wouldn't want to go over the top about it.  Have seen people seriously talking about pitch invasions and setting off loads of pyro etc which I think is a bit over the top and could potentially see us get a fine....we need all the money we can get for the playing budget!! The Rangers players jumping into the crowd going mental and Hearts going in a huff because we wouldn't give them their 100th guard of honour was quite embarrassing imo, don't want to stoop to those sorts of levels, we can save that for the cup!!

Just rewatched Time for Heroes for the first time. It's brilliant and incredibly well-made, but who decided to film Fraser Fyvie's interview and make him look like a fucking psychopath who'd murdered his whole family? :lol:

FLGsEeCU.thumb.jpg.b983ea868a17b79ecaebaf2ab280bb7c.jpg

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Just rewatched Time for Heroes for the first time. It's brilliant and incredibly well-made, but who decided to film Fraser Fyvie's interview and make him look like a fucking psychopath who'd murdered his whole family? :lol:

FLGsEeCU.thumb.jpg.b983ea868a17b79ecaebaf2ab280bb7c.jpg

Favourite part of the DVD for me is big Rod choking back the tears as he recalls that famous day.

Always gets me right in the feels.

Crying-emotional.gif.ba0cccbf489f26799c13698d90022804.gif

feels.gif

Minute or so chant of "We. Are. Going up, we are going up!" if we win on Saturday and Falkirk don't before heading for the exits. Obviously applauding the players if they do their own lap round the pitch, though that may come at the St. Mirren game

Even if we retain the Scottish Cup a pitch invasion would seem a bit minter in comparison to last year. That was just fuelled by the jubilation of FINALLY winning it, doing it again when you retain it just be a tad on the cringe side

4 years since this complete mindfuck of a game. Never felt so physically and mentally drained leaving a game before. Horrible experience but those celebrations when Doyle scored though.

if one game could sum up hibs , it's that one.

4 years since this complete mindfuck of a game. Never felt so physically and mentally drained leaving a game before. Horrible experience but those celebrations when Doyle scored though.

I was shattered after that game, absolutely shattered.

ETA - I still feel incredibly angry at how shite Tim Clancy was in that game, don't think I've ever seen a worse performance in my life than that.

23 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Fucking hell, I never realised Sparky missed a penalty as well that day. 

Those Hibs fans heading up the stairs at 3-0 will be the ones that were in Harthill Services on the way home, raging they'd left early.

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I laughed just a little bit watching that game. Falkirk were so good first half and then collapsed to an embarrassing degree.

Hibs performance in the final against Celtic was awful. An absolute stroll in the park.

If Doyle had scored that fucking chance early on in the final, it could've been completely different. it would've also helped if Griffiths wasn't half injured too tbf

3 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I was shattered after that game, absolutely shattered.

ETA - I still feel incredibly angry at how shite Tim Clancy was in that game, don't think I've ever seen a worse performance in my life than that.

Ian Brines was absolutely abysmal. The most blatant penalty you are ever likely to see on Clancy, hacked him down nowhere near the ball and he waved play on. Cairney was rotten anaw, I'm sure he got took off at half time?

Archived