Oor Nic

Fide

I know it has been said before, but amidst the clusterfuck of Bullingdon boy MPs, Blairites and Oxbridge lads, Sturgeon has been a shining beacon of stateswomanlike brilliance.

Her speech yesterday was calm, assured, inclusive, positive and measured.  Her opening line of reaching out to EU nationals living in Scotland, telling them that this is their home and their contribution is valued put a wee lump in my throat.

I'm sure many, like me, are proud as f**k of her

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it has been said before, but amidst the clusterfuck of Bullingdon boy MPs, Blairites and Oxbridge lads, Sturgeon has been a shining beacon of stateswomanlike brilliance.

Her speech yesterday was calm, assured, inclusive, positive and measured. Her opening line of reaching out to EU nationals living in Scotland, telling them that this is their home and their contribution is valued put a wee lump in my throat.

I'm sure many, like me, are proud as f**k of her

Bloody hell! Hitler type fawning there!

I am a fan of sturgeon but she looked like she was shitting herself yesterday

Nonsense.

This is not a time for bold and brash. Common sense and calm thinking is required - and I trust sturgeon as much as I trust anyone.

This is every bit as much a constitutional crisis for Sturgeon as it is for Cameron.

The only difference is, Sturgeon can still come out smelling of roses depending on how she handles it.  

A big contribution to the No vote in 2014 was the portrayal of Independence as something which is negative, insular, hostile etc.

Sturgeon's presentation when contrasted with the obnoxious, laddish scumbaggery of Johnson, Farage etc couldn't be more stark. I know anecdote doesn't mean anything but we all seem to be hearing about loads of people pledging to change their vote to Yes this time. It's not hard to see why.

This is every bit as much a constitutional crisis for Sturgeon as it is for Cameron.

The only difference is, Sturgeon can still come out smelling of roses depending on how she handles it.  

:thumsup2

A big contribution to the No vote in 2014 was the portrayal of Independence as something which is negative, insular, hostile etc.

Sturgeon's presentation when contrasted with the obnoxious, laddish scumbaggery of Johnson, Farage etc couldn't be more stark. I know anecdote doesn't mean anything but we all seem to be hearing about loads of people pledging to change their vote to Yes this time. It's not hard to see why.

:thumsup2 :thumsup2

Archived