Conservative Leadership Thread

Sooky

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being pedantic, but in the UK you don't vote for a prime minister, you vote for the party you want to run the country.

To add pedantry to pedantry, you don't do that either.  You vote for a constituency MP.  They need not have a party affiliation.

Indeed. This is the kind issue we voted leave for. No more Eurocrats telling us what to call our heated breakfast foods.

Thats just pure micheal gove talk you freak

I've not really been keeping in the loop. Why has Boris disappeared from the face of the planet? One would have thought he'd have been a stick on for the job but to see the likes of Michael Gove being given credible airtime when declaring his intention to run is scary. What's going on?

I've not really been keeping in the loop. Why has Boris disappeared from the face of the planet? One would have thought he'd have been a stick on for the job but to see the likes of Michael Gove being given credible airtime when declaring his intention to run is scary. What's going on?

Because he bricked himself when his plan for a narrow remain win didn't come off. Boris is thick as fudge, but not quite as thick as my grans home made fudge. He knows the next person to be PM will be the fall person when the economy turns to crap.

Boris isn't thick but he isn't the mastermind people have made him out to be over this either. He's correctly decided not to be the PM that triggers Article 50 and really run the UK into the ground but besides that he's been flailing all over the place with no clue what to do.

Neither Gove or May will be able to deliver what the Leavers want but it will be funny watching them try.

Are either even high enough profile? One of them taking over gives me flashbacks of Paul Hegarty taking over United just because he was there.

Are either even high enough profile? One of them taking over gives me flashbacks of Paul Hegarty taking over United just because he was there.

Theresa May has been the Home Secretary for 6 years and is the longest serving Home Sec since the 1800s.

Michael Gove has been education secretary, chief whip, and currently justice secretary.

So I'd say they were both fairly high profile. Compared to them, Cameron came from absolutely nowhere to win his leadership contest.

I'd have Hegarty as PM before Gove or May.

I don't even think I'm joking.

Archived