The Bioshock Collection

sonsism

Good news - I loved Bioshock 1, not sure if I actually played 2 (if I did, I think it was a poorly "acquired" copy) and although I bought one of the special editions of Infinite, I don't think I played more than an hour of it.  Would like to see what they'll bring to the new format - a straight porting would still be worth it, but if they properly remaster it then it'll be even better.

These HD remasters are getting daft; I assume there are so many coming out because they're relatively cheap and easy to do.

I bought the Dead Island ones a few weeks ago, and I can't say I've noticed any difference. No doubt it would be obvious if the two were running side-by-side, but if that's necessary then it's been a waste of time IMO. Can't say I've noticed any difference in the footage from that Bioshock trailer either; looks like what I remember from the last time I played them a year or two back.

Bioshock is one of the best games ever made.

Bioshock 2 is meh. Best thing about it was its crazy multiplayer, which isn't being included in the remaster.

Bioshock infinite was just complete pish.

I did just buy a 360 copy of the first one though expecting it to become backwards compatible...

Bioshock is one of the best games ever made.

Bioshock 2 is meh. Best thing about it was its crazy multiplayer, which isn't being included in the remaster.

Bioshock infinite was just complete pish.

I did just buy a 360 copy of the first one though expecting it to become backwards compatible...

:lol:

Not too keen on all these remakes and remasters either but the Bioshock series is the exception. Can't wait to get back down to Rapture.

That being said I do hope they've got a new game in the works too - although worried it won't be as good as the first two or infinite.

I thought the original had the best mix of gameplay and story. Infinite was a tremendous narrative experience, but I enjoyed the actual game less than the others. Bioshock 2 was a lot of fun, maybe even more so than the original, but the story was absolute dugshite.

Edit: anyway, who cares abut this nonsense? There's a Kickstarter out for a reboot of System Shock! Whoargh!!!

Get your free pre-alpha demo here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

Infinite was good apart from the horrible graveyard fight. That was the worst part o the game by a mile.

Forgot about that bit. It was a bit ropey.

I think Infinite is the most visually stunning game I've ever played.

Why do Steam players get a free upgrade to the remastered version but we'll no doubt be asked to fork out another 40 or 50 quid?

Hopefully they just make the originals backwards compatible since that's what was meant to be happening...

Why do Steam players get a free upgrade to the remastered version but we'll no doubt be asked to fork out another 40 or 50 quid?

Hopefully they just make the originals backwards compatible since that's what was meant to be happening...

We do? Fuckin' dancer; forget what I said earlier!   :thumsup2

Presumably it's because the games have to be re-written for the new consoles, while all they've had to do for the PC is apply some texture patches. Makes it sound even less of a knicker-moistener TBH.

Oh, and I think they might have nerfed the difficulty of the graveyard battle at some point; it was an absolute nightmare when I first played it on release, but didn't seem particularly tricky when I played through it again a while back. It's certainly not that my 1337 5k177z have improved, so...

The first Bioshock is one of my favourite games but I've already played through it 3 or 4 times.

The story in Bioshock 2 was poor as everything had been tied up at the end of the first game. The single player DLC Minerva's Den was excellent though and easily better than the main game.

Bioshock Infinite looked amazing but I didn't enjoy it or the story as much as the first game.

I noticed it won't just be the games but you will also be getting extras such as documentary on the making of the games. That's the only thing that might tempt me to get but there are far too many remakes coming out. I never had a Ps3 and bought the last of us and uncharted remasters both of which were great. I can see the point of releasing games that were exclusives to a previous gen console bit the likes of bioshock, batman etc. were on both consoles and most folk will have already played them.

Few posts swirling around that they may do something similar to the Bioshock 2 teaser that was only on the PlayStation version of Bioshock (released a year later than the original release).

If this was to happen where do you see a new Bioshock game being set: Rapture? Columbia? Somewhere new?

Archived