France v Germany

Predictions?

If Germany had their full team available I'd fancy their chances. With Hummels, Gomez, Khedira and possibly Scheinsteiger out though I can see France sneaking through in spite of their ropey defence.

I didn't think Germany looked that threatening before they started playing Gomez. I expect they'll play Muller up there instead, but if he drops deeper then Kante can hopefully look after him.

Griezmann, Payet, and Giroud to tear them apart.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fancy Germany but wouldn't be surprised if France won. 2-1 Germany I reckon, Muller to score, if for nothing else than to shut all the pundits who can't resist telling you he's never scored at the Euros.

Bit of a Germanophile since being over there during the World Cup but waiting on France for £250 off a season bet.

All things being equal, Gernany have looked the most complete team in the tournament, imo. France have only really impressed me against Iceland, which doesn't necessarily say much.

With a full team I'd strongly fancy Germany but they looked gash when Draxler replaced Gomez. Whether Muller finally turns up may decide it.

Shame the way the draw worked out, that this isn't the final. By far the two best teams in the tournament, the winner will no doubt go on to lift the trophy.  Said Germany from the start and still think they'll win it. 

If they play Muller up front and don't go back to using Goetze, I think they'll have more of a chance, and I don't think Khedira is that much of a loss as he's probably been one of their poorer players. France for the win though. Hopefully the Iceland match was just a wee warm-up for them.

Think Germany are too good for France, but not by much. Hope France win though, always half support the host nation once all the underdogs are out.

5 hours ago, forameus said:

Germany win, please.  Going to be in Berlin over the weekend, so would love to watch a final involving Germany.

French win, please. I'll be in France on Sunday, so would love to watch a final involving France :)

(With France winning the competition, bien sur.)

Archived