Welcome to P&B Version 4.0

If you click the three line menu in the top right corner

Then click Settings

Scroll down to Discussion Card - you can switch off Image Previews and Content Previews if you like

That's better.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iOS app looking immensely decent, especially on the iPad!

Quick question Div, is there any way to bring back the desktop feature where you clicked one post count for a thread and it came up with a list of how many times every user has posted in it? That'll be missed if that's scrapped.

I really like this version, it's crisp and classy. 

NWhat I do not like, appreciate nor want to continue is posting the classic smilie's but when they're quoted, they turn into enormous emoji's. 

Can we sort that, please? 

26 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

I really like this version, it's crisp and classy. 

NWhat I do not like, appreciate nor want to continue is posting the classic smilie's but when they're quoted, they turn into enormous emoji's. 

Can we sort that, please? 

Not seen that happen mate, on App?

Div, I really don't like this on the forums:

a15036c366c8ff2257767111580076d9.jpg

These giant preview pictures. More often than not it's a daft, totally unrelated to the topic image that just means I have to scroll more and load more. I preferred it when it was just a list of topics. Is there a way to turn it off? Another users screenshot suggests IOS users don't have the same problem.

20 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Div, I really don't like this on the forums:

a15036c366c8ff2257767111580076d9.jpg

These giant preview pictures. More often than not it's a daft, totally unrelated to the topic image that just means I have to scroll more and load more. I preferred it when it was just a list of topics. Is there a way to turn it off? Another users screenshot suggests IOS users don't have the same problem.

Yip, switch it off in Settings, Discussion Card, switch off Image Previews.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

I'm using IE11 and when I try to edit a post, for example, I highlight the script I want to delete and hit backspace, the post bounces back to the thread without the post being altered.

Oh, I'll field this one. Stop using Internet Explorer.

HTH

1 minute ago, Mozzamozza said:

App in IOS I keep getting notifications that random people have posted something in a thread I have no connection with.

And when I say random people I mean jagfox.

It's because you are following those people. Unfollow them via your profile settings.

I think I read something about this last week but hadn't noticed it affect me at that point. It is now.

Site is fine on the desktop but on the phone if I've quoted a post in the past on a thread and decided not to post after all, if I now try to quote another post in that thread I can't as the previous quoted post is still there and I can't find any way to delete it. Can anyone tell me how to remove it?

Don't know (or care) if this has been mentioned previously, but when I log in on desktop now since the upgrade it takes me immediately to a "this page does not exist" notice and from there I need to click "home". Not a big issue, but there's maybe some script needs sorted.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Don't know (or care) if this has been mentioned previously, but when I log in on desktop now since the upgrade it takes me immediately to a "this page does not exist" notice and from there I need to click "home". Not a big issue, but there's maybe some script needs sorted.

Seems to be directing you to a dead url that was perhaps previously used before.

Is this a bookmark you have or a dead link on the P&B homepage?

Archived