Football league 2016-2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aren't Charlton owned by yon dodgy Belgian dude, are all over the place both financially and have had fans boycott games? Sounds like a job you wouldn't take if you had any other offers.

Pretty much, he transferred €50m debt from other companies into their accounts, sacked 8 managers in 2 years and has banned fans from the game for arguing with him.

Basically it's like an eviler version of the Oystons.

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

Absolutey mental. Fined for playing youngsters against a team of, erm, youngsters.

Or not, in many cases... EPL 'B' teams could play 6? over-age players. It's crazy and surely the cup can't continue like this for 2017-18.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Or not, in many cases... EPL 'B' teams could play 6? over-age players. It's crazy and surely the cup can't continue like this for 2017-18.

Its a one year trial and will revert back to its original format according to EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey.

2 hours ago, Glasgow Loon said:

Its a one year trial and will revert back to its original format according to EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey.

Hopefully they haven't done long term damage to the competition.  I know it wasn't exactly the most highly thought of competition in the first place but you saw some of the crowds that the clubs could get at Wembley for a chance to see their club in a cup final.

I'd laugh if two academy teams get to the final and its played at Wembley that's not even 5% full.

Watching The Championship on 5. Most clubs have poppies and Ipswich had a couple of army guys with wreaths. Must be a delayed response for clubs with last weekend being an international break.

It baffles me Green still starts for a team at this level, I don't see him much, but over the past five odd years every match I've seen him in he's made a mistake leading to a goal.

Archived