Football league 2016-2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Forest sack Montanier. Just read they haven't had a manager for a full season since 2010/11. Mental.

Who now? Read today that Gary Rowett not interested with the collapse of new owners happening

Suprised Norwich haven't sacked Alex Neil yet after losing to that pish. 

Who now? Read today that Gary Rowett not interested with the collapse of new owners happening
Suprised Norwich haven't sacked Alex Neil yet after losing to that pish. 

Don't see Neil lasting the week after that defeat today. I'd imagine they'll be keen on Rowett as a replacement.

I would be surprised if Norwich sacked Neil in the next week. The best time to get rid of him was during the dreadful losing run between the middle of October and the end of November. Regardless, having a squad of that talent and experience languishing 11th in the Championship is totally inexcusable. They don't have a realistic chance of automatic promotion now and their play-off hopes are increasingly on the wane. He could have no serious complaints if he did lose his job, but, from what I have read, the Norwich board appears to have offered him a virtually unconditional vote of confidence. 

(Watch out for him being sacked tomorrow.) 

4 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Leeds are going to win the league.

Garry Monk.

Calm down your bubble will eventually burst soon.......surely, won't it?

Seriously though he has done a fanatastic job but someone just needs to end your fantastic run so you don't get too far ahead of like ourselves and others because at this rate your the only team I see pushing Brighton and Newcastle for automatic promotion.

Seriously though he has done a fanatastic job but someone just needs to end your fantastic run so you don't get too far ahead of like ourselves and others because at this rate your the only team I see pushing Brighton and Newcastle for automatic promotion.

It will, Leeds are going up and theres nothing the Wendies and dog botherers can do.

I find it extremely hard to disagree with you but there's something happening at Leeds, it's almost weird for everyone to be so together. I really hope it's true that LEEDS ARE GOING UP!

8 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

It will, Leeds are going up and theres nothing the Wendies and dog botherers can do.

57 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

I find it extremely hard to disagree with you but there's something happening at Leeds, it's almost weird for everyone to be so together. I really hope it's true that LEEDS ARE GOING UP!

Hoping Barnsley will end the run of yours as they are a decent team and a Yorkshire derby too although if Hourihane goes this week it could leave them in tatters. Looked at your upcoming fixtures and there's games where you feel you should win like at home to Forest then Blackburn away but then a difficult away trip to Huddersfield won't be easy. But there are no easy games in championship as anyone can take points from anyone however win the next 4 league games will be a MASSIVE statement for Leeds united and with the run your on you can afford the odd defeat. For ourselves if we pick anything up away to Brighton on Friday night that would be fantastic would keep our 1 defeat in 9 going and I see us picking up maximum points in the next 6 games after Friday before meeting yourselves on the 25th of February.

Henri Lansbury off to Villa it seems within next 24 hours. A player that I've always liked but 40k a week? No wonder Villa are trying to load player off and struggling with FFP. Also hopeful on bringing in Rhodes and Hourihane two players who are still being linked with Sheffield Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I can't remember noticing it. Did he play against us? There is also a QPR forward who also has a really hateable haircut. Can't remember his name.

Maybe I should start a shit haircuts of football thread...

Yeah played whole game, it's like it's long at front then short everywhere else, spends most of the match with his hand in his hair trying to keep it away from his face.

QPR player is Sebastian Polter that's just moved to Germany within the last week, think you call it a man bun?

Just about to head off to Brighton hoping for a performance tonight like we gave Newcastle away on Boxing Day. If we want promotion then 3 points is a must tonight if we're happy with play offs then a point to Brighton would also be a good result. Hope Sam Winnall starts instead of Fletcher and maybe McMannaman instead of Pudil and put Reach in at LB. Enjoy the match tonight lads hopefully both teams provide an entertaining match but would take a boring 1-0 win;) 

Archived