Italian Football Thread

Kris.

On 05/12/2020 at 19:06, senorsoupe said:

Torino bottling it is their usual for any game, not just the Derby

Having followed Torino for 30 plus years I would like to take offence but can find absolutely no grounds to disagree. The poorest mindset, intensity and character of any squad in the last decade. That includes last years set of escapologists.

Absolutely soft centred, Cairo would be as well as cashing in on Belotti in January and getting out of the city with his gains. 

1 hour ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Having followed Torino for 30 plus years I would like to take offence but can find absolutely no grounds to disagree. The poorest mindset, intensity and character of any squad in the last decade. That includes last years set of escapologists.

Absolutely soft centred, Cairo would be as well as cashing in on Belotti in January and getting out of the city with his gains. 

Unfortunate time to be a Torino fan.  Unfortunately history shows that teams who concede so many points from winning conditions tend to end up relegated.  

18 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Unfortunate time to be a Torino fan.  Unfortunately history shows that teams who concede so many points from winning conditions tend to end up relegated.  

alas,i fear you are correct.i was trying to be positive early in the season thinking,"the teams they've played first few games are teams likely to be challenging not only top half but top 4" but since then theres been little cause for optimism

Wide open start to Juventus v Atalanta so far: my Premier Sports feed is running without audio so I'm still unsure whether Morata's back heel finish is one of the worst efforts of the season or a harmless end to an offside move though.

Referee having an absolute disaster in the Inter Napoli game. He's got every major decision wrong apart from the penalty: the Italian Colin Hardie.

Two stunning saves from Handanovic to keep Inter on top, they've been second best for most of the second half.

Milan get a late winner to go top at Christmas, their game against Lazio was phenomenal.  Milan went 2-0 up, Lazio got it back to 2-2 but right at the death Theo Hernandez heads in a winner.  Serie A title race is going to be great
Really hope Milan win it this season (or anyone but Juventus really).

Fiorentina scudding Juve 3-0 away from home was delicious. I followed La Viola in the old C4 days so that was most enjoyable. Just a pity there wasn't a full stadium of Juve fans to suffer it.  

Milan would be my preferred winners this year, I've never liked Inter for whatever reason. 

I actually prefer Inter over Milan, but maybe that's because of my fond childhood memories of them employing both Ronaldo and Roberto Baggio.

I am still holding out hope that Napoli can close the gap, it's unlikely I know but there is a chance!

Also, this table makes for some good reading with Juventus in 6th

image.png.095617571ee8155af65d18ca74b1b4bd.png

I wish I still lived in Italy just to get it up the glory hunting majority who lived 300 miles from Turin.

I know glory hunting Old Firmers rightfully get a hard time on here, but Scotland has it so much better than almost any country I've lived in. Albanians support their local team though. Good c***s the Albanians.

5 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I actually prefer Inter over Milan, but maybe that's because of my fond childhood memories of them employing both Ronaldo and Roberto Baggio.

I am still holding out hope that Napoli can close the gap, it's unlikely I know but there is a chance!

Also, this table makes for some good reading with Juventus in 6th

image.png.095617571ee8155af65d18ca74b1b4bd.png

Baggio played more times for and scored more goals for Milan than he did for Inter.