Italian Football Thread

Kris.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Second half of the Milan derby could be tasty after Lukaku and Ibra have a bit of handbags.

Enjoying this. It did very much look like Lukaku was inviting Ibrahimovic to discuss matter ootside. I would pay to watch that.

That game had everything you want to see: a rammy, a red card, a referee being substituted, a ridiculous amount of injury time, a penalty going in off the bar and an absolute belter of a free kick to win the game in the 97th minute.

Gorgeous stuff.

And then BT Sport followed it with a 90 minute film about Football Italia on Channel 4.

Now near greetin' for my youth.

Though I have to say, I do feel sorry for those too young to remember Italian football on Channel 4. I remember thinking I wasn't watching a different league, I was watching a different sport. I taped one of the early games - Milan 2-2 Lazio - and watched it about 5 times. I know the Spanish, English and probably German leagues are better but nothing will ever compare for me.

9 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

That game had everything you want to see: a rammy, a red card, a referee being substituted, a ridiculous amount of injury time, a penalty going in off the bar and an absolute belter of a free kick to win the game in the 97th minute.

Gorgeous stuff.

Inexplicably awarded pen

The guy jumped over his leg, didn't he?

Gorgeous stuff.
Could have done with 85,000 folk there though. I miss reaction shots of raging fans.

I think most have got used to empty stadia, imagine how absurdly mental a full Hampden would be for the Euros after a season of abstinence. I think I'll probably cry the first time I'm back in a stadium, even if its Cliftonhill for the League Cup group stages.

And then BT Sport followed it with a 90 minute film about Football Italia on Channel 4.
Though I have to say, I do feel sorry for those too young to remember Italian football on Channel 4. I remember thinking I wasn't watching a different league, I was watching a different sport. I taped one of the early games - Milan 2-2 Lazio - and watched it about 5 times. I know the Spanish, English and probably German leagues are better but nothing will ever compare for me.
Same here. Growing up it was such a glamorous league - all my pals had an Italian team (mostly Milan TBF). I liked Sampdoria. Still watch a lot of it, although don't think many of the aforementioned Kirkcaldy Rossoneri still do!

43 minutes ago, raith_94 said:
20 hours ago, GordonS said:

Same here. Growing up it was such a glamorous league - all my pals had an Italian team (mostly Milan TBF). I liked Sampdoria. Still watch a lot of it, although don't think many of the aforementioned Kirkcaldy Rossoneri still do!

I had the same love for Meeelan, but I got, and still have, a Sampdoria scarf. That's one of the best tops anywhere.