Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

On 06/05/2020 at 13:31, 19QOS19 said:

Had to find an Opossum yet? Or a skunk? Probably already ranted on this topic before but I'm utterly convinced the console knows what animals you're after and intentionally spawn less at that time. Birds are an absolute nightmare. After you find the animal you want you can't seem to move for the fucking things.

I completely agree with your second point. Mainly because when hunting for aforementioned ‘f*****g badgers’, I was completely swamped by skunks and opossums! I absolutely loved the fact that opossums can play dead though. Some of the attention to details are incredible.

Taken a lot of time away from the game so have gone back and doing every last thing I can. I’ve managed to craft all of the satchels, crafted a lot of the trinkets and talismans and am slowly but surely working my way through the camp upgrades. Barely started Chapter Three too. I completely get the occasional criticism I hear about the game being ‘too realistic’ but given the irl chaos of the past few months, I’m finding in almost therapeutic being as meticulous as possible in-game.

Edited by Scott-Replay

On 09/05/2020 at 00:43, Scott-Replay said:

I completely agree with your second point. Mainly because when hunting for aforementioned ‘f*****g badgers’, I was completely swamped by skunks and opossums! I absolutely loved the fact that opossums can play dead though. Some of the attention to details are incredible.

Taken a lot of time away from the game so have gone back and doing every last thing I can. I’ve managed to craft all of the satchels, crafted a lot of the trinkets and talismans and am slowly but surely working my way through the camp upgrades. Barely started Chapter Three too. I completely get the occasional criticism I hear about the game being ‘too realistic’ but given the irl chaos of the past few months, I’m finding in almost therapeutic being as meticulous as possible in-game.

With the benefit of hindsight I'd have probably held off playing until the lockdown. It would be the perfect game for it.

If you've done that already and not far into the story then I expect you're trying to collect everything. Let me know how raging you are when you start collecting parts for the Taxidermist. A LOT of birds and by f**k it will drive you nuts if you stick with it. It took me hours. It also got to me that much that whenever a bird quickly flew in front of me in real life I would be like "ah shit that might have been a Robin!". You'll think that's bullshit but if you do those tasks you'll soon know what I mean.

If you've done that already and not far into the story then I expect you're trying to collect everything. Let me know how raging you are when you start collecting parts for the Taxidermist. A LOT of birds and by f**k it will drive you nuts if you stick with it. It took me hours. It also got to me that much that whenever a bird quickly flew in front of me in real life I would be like "ah shit that might have been a Robin!". You'll think that's bullshit but if you do those tasks you'll soon know what I mean.
Said this before on this thread. At peak RDR, I was driving on the motorway and thought I saw the smoke from a wee campfire

Said this before on this thread. At peak RDR, I was driving on the motorway and thought I saw the smoke from a wee campfire
Aye it's absolutely crazy how it gets in your head so much [emoji38]

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 09/05/2020 at 00:43, Scott-Replay said:

Where would one find the taxidermist?

Asking for a friend

Where would one find the taxidermist?
Asking for a friend
Not sure how far you have to be in, if at all. But go to Valentine Station and there is a poster on the wall that gets you started. If you aren't already bald or grey then I apologise in advance.

Not sure how far you have to be in, if at all. But go to Valentine Station and there is a poster on the wall that gets you started. If you aren't already bald or grey then I apologise in advance.
Found it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a serial killer to track down

Used a cheat at the start of chapter 3 played it all day and was just about to get to chapter 4 I reckon when I realised I can’t save it.

karma is an absolute c**t 
Are cheats still a thing? What was it? I think the only game I've used a cheat in since PS2 days is GTA just to quickly get guns. I never used to use the lower wanted level because you could outrun them in the new ones.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Navallion said:
Used a cheat at the start of chapter 3 played it all day and was just about to get to chapter 4 I reckon when I realised I can’t save it.

karma is an absolute c**t 

Are cheats still a thing? What was it? I think the only game I've used a cheat in since PS2 days is GTA just to quickly get guns. I never used to use the lower wanted level because you could outrun them in the new ones.

Cheats are still a thing, I think they’ve just died down due to using them doesn’t allow you to actually progress within the game which isn’t a bad thing I suppose. I used one to get a better horse since a horse’s stamina can go down very quickly making it very tedious to get to places sometimes. 

Edited by Navallion

On 07/05/2020 at 19:21, Aidan said:

Just incase anyone, like me, was considering buying this, it's just been added to Xbox Game Pass.

Bit of a joke in my opinion, mind paying sixty quid odd when it first came out.

Cheats are still a thing, I think they’ve just died down due to using them doesn’t allow you to actually progress within the game which isn’t a bad thing I suppose. I used one to get a better horse since a horse’s stamina can go down very quickly making it very tedious to get to places sometimes. 
Have you not caught the Arabian yet?

Never heard of it, usually end up with one of those Hungarian ones.
Google it, go catch it, thank him later
This. Quick horse with bags of stamina once you get to highest level of bonding. Makes going a big distance less of a chore.

I've started again since it's on xbox gamepass. Spent an hour trying to catch a thoroughbred as I'd lost all ability to break a horse. May have fucked the 100% attempt already by accidentally beating then shooting to death the Mexican shooting contest guy...

31 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

I've started again since it's on xbox gamepass. Spent an hour trying to catch a thoroughbred as I'd lost all ability to break a horse. May have fucked the 100% attempt already by accidentally beating then shooting to death the Mexican shooting contest guy...

Pretty certain like some other notable NPCs (Gavin's mate, and the eugenics guy) he's immortal and will re appear in due course. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Pretty certain like some other notable NPCs (Gavin's mate, and the eugenics guy) he's immortal and will re appear in due course. 

I hope so, in my first playthrough I shot the trapper square in the chest instead of selling him a pelt and he ran away. He turned up later complete with grotesque wound and held no grudges.

I hope so, in my first playthrough I shot the trapper square in the chest instead of selling him a pelt and he ran away. He turned up later complete with grotesque wound and held no grudges.
Wasn't aware that you couldn't 100% until it was too late. Wasn't too happy. I'm sure I can't complete my compendium now and I can't 100% due to the "vampire" killing me. You only get one chance to take him out :(