Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Doing the sharpshooter challenges just to get the lovely looking Sharpshooter accessories (gun belt, holster etc.). Number 4 was an absolute b*****d, hit an enemy with a tomahawk from 80 yards..

Then surprisingly easy to do

29 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Doing the sharpshooter challenges just to get the lovely looking Sharpshooter accessories (gun belt, holster etc.). Number 4 was an absolute b*****d, hit an enemy with a tomahawk from 80 yards..

Then surprisingly easy to do

I hit the Airdrie supporters club with one, fucking 76 feet away. Even with improved tomahawk I'm stuck on that one.

The other challenge I've been stuck on for ages is the berries one, can only find raspberries and evergreen huckleberries.

What do you do online? I don't really get that part of a game like this. 
Hedwig, my beautiful white Arabian, passed away tonight. I'm a wreck. I've named my new horse Arthur's Seat. 
Thoughts with you and your family at this difficult time

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I hit the Airdrie supporters club with one, fucking 76 feet away. Even with improved tomahawk I'm stuck on that one.

The other challenge I've been stuck on for ages is the berries one, can only find raspberries and evergreen huckleberries.

I just antagonised a stranger till they appeared as red on my map, hogtied them and took them to an open area and just threw tomahawks at them (with and without DeadEye) until I got them

Spoiler

Find the distance works best when you aim at them and back up until the reticle turns white.. then move forward until it's just red again 

Thought I'd give online a go after noticing it went live.  Created my character and got as far as reaching the first camp.  Done one story mission, bit annoyed to see it force you to group up.  I know it makes perfect sense in the mission that you need 4, but as someone who rarely plays online games in a group, I imagine you'll get the same frustrations you did in GTA Online with the lack of teamwork etc.  Also a bit annoying that they've gone down the route of the mute character too.  Came across an NPC and you can't talk to them, just "emote".  Which he ignored.  Would it have killed them to record 4 or 5 voice variations after all the money they'd spent on the game.

Still, very impressed with what I've seen so far.  Apart from not being allowed to call my horse Thunderb*****d.  Bunderthastard it is.

The whole silent type annoyed me on GTA Online as well, like you said Forameus, would it killed to record a select amount of voices? I mean for christ sake they went as far as to have a lot of the voice actors record lines again but shouting for when you're riding on horseback and a bit away from them

I mean yeah there would be the whole "oh my character sounds exactly like my friend's character" or "his/her voice doesn't match their look"... well yeah but it beats the whole awkward silence from your character.

Was dreading that first mission where you have to team up as I knew my luck I'd get the one arsehole who'd ruin it for everyone. Thankfully not and thus Mike Oxlong is now my new horse

54 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

The whole silent type annoyed me on GTA Online as well, like you said Forameus, would it killed to record a select amount of voices? I mean for christ sake they went as far as to have a lot of the voice actors record lines again but shouting for when you're riding on horseback and a bit away from them

I mean yeah there would be the whole "oh my character sounds exactly like my friend's character" or "his/her voice doesn't match their look"... well yeah but it beats the whole awkward silence from your character.

Was dreading that first mission where you have to team up as I knew my luck I'd get the one arsehole who'd ruin it for everyone. Thankfully not and thus Mike Oxlong is now my new horse

I was almost that guy!  Riding away and taking out several guys with head-shots, turned the camera to catch the last few.  Didn't see the one that stopped right in front of me, sending me and the horse flying.  Given the character has all the strength of a wet fart, he lay on the ground helplessly looking at his assailant.  Eventually someone came back for me, we shot our way out and made our escape.  Actually quite beautiful in a way.

37 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

I know it's not a lot... but kinda shit that you have to pay to fast travel

It's just a one off.  And you end up having enough $ for it to not be a real issue.  Well, it did for me, anyway.

Legendary bear skelped [emoji57]

Last couple of sitting I have spent literally just riding about trying to open up the map and see if I can find any other legendary animals. Think I still need to unlock a lot of stuff so probably vest firing into the missions but its class just kicking about seeing what crops up.

I'm obly on chapter 4 so don't want any spoilers but why is it that Arthur introduced himself with a false name to the sheriff when he first meets him then proceeds to use his real name in every other encounter with the sheriff's family and others in the region?

Just finished the (or at least a, I assume the end will be similar) bit where you're forced to do a few story missions in a row, felt very good to be back to just aimlessly pissing around.  Got an annoying bug in Strawberry just after, booked into the hotel for a bath and a kip, got up in the morning and this fat b*****d is smoking a cigar at the top of the stairs, I can't get past him. When I hit L2 it shows his name as Nicholas Timmins (don't recall him) rather than stranger, but I can't greet or antagonise. I go back to bed for a few more hours but he's still there. Eventually I shoot (but not kill) him to get him to move, and take the bounty and run.

Think I'm not getting very close to the point where I want to mop up all the side missions in case I burn them by ploughing on with the story, I think there's one I've already lost by starting chapter 5. As great as this game is, f**k knows when I'm going to feel like a full playthrough again so I want to get as much as possible on this one.

Edited by Fuctifano

I started playing online tonight and I’m a bit confused by the stranger missions. I got told something was in tall trees but no blip on the map or anything so do I just need to hunt for it?

PS - I rode my faithful horse, Bawlicker, through Thieves Landing like a boss. Not been far enough into the story yet for (I assume) the old map to open up yet so that was a magical moment.