Why no polls?

5 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Quite similar to the SNP position on Indy1result though.You can really feel the panic seeping into the Nats on here.Slagging you for being a roaster,arguing about timescales etc etc .I can smell the fear and it smells good.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Funny kind of independence strichener wants where the democratic wishes of Scotland are completely ignored

What democratic wishes has Scotland expressed that I want to ignore?  I don't remember voting on any question relating to Scotland remaining or leaving the EU.  I do remember one where the question was similar but related to the UK.  As I have stated many times I voted to leave the UK but I am currently accepting the democratic wishes of Scotland.  Pity you can't say the same without throwing insults at anyone that dares to suggest that Scotland wishes to stay in the UK.

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

What democratic wishes has Scotland expressed that I want to ignore?  I don't remember voting on any question relating to Scotland remaining or leaving the EU.  I do remember one where the question was similar but related to the UK.  As I have stated many times I voted to leave the UK but I am currently accepting the democratic wishes of Scotland.  Pity you can't say the same without throwing insults at anyone that dares to suggest that Scotland wishes to stay in the UK.

I don't believe for one moment you voted YES.  You are far too servile to be a supporter of Independence.

Wee, sad and servile.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don't believe for one moment you voted YES.  You are far too servile to be a supporter of Independence.

Wee, sad and servile.

What way did you vote in the EU referendum again?  Oh, and what was the reason you gave.

Irony overload.

Just now, strichener said:

What way did you vote in the EU referendum again?  Oh, and what was the reason you gave.

Irony overload.

I voted Leave.  It was a tactical decision and undoubtedly the wrong one but had no real effect in the end.

However I don't see how you can compare that to your continually repeated lie that you were a YES voter.

I was open and honest about how I voted in the EU referendum.  It really doesn't make any odds on whether you are equally open and honest because anyone on here who reads your posts realises that you never voted YES.

2 hours ago, renton said:

I'm going to be lazy and just quote myself here:

Apologies for my poor English. What I ment to say was. Occasionally we get it correct, and not you.

I don't agree with your conclusion. It is not about Scotland and England. Some lean left some right. Occasionally you get it correct in political terms, not morals.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I voted Leave.  It was a tactical decision and undoubtedly the wrong one but had no real effect in the end.

However I don't see how you can compare that to your continually repeated lie that you were a YES voter.

I was open and honest about how I voted in the EU referendum.  It really doesn't make any odds on whether you are equally open and honest because anyone on here who reads your posts realises that you never voted YES.

I wonder how many other yes voters have also changed there minds after Sturgeon ditched independence in favour of the Eu controlling our destiny. Refreshing to see a Yes voter change their mind but rather harsh for the hive to now turn on them. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He is a yes voter and will vote yes again at the next indy ref

Which separatists - you (in your embrace of separatism from the EU) and your fellow BritNats, or advocates of Scottish statehood? Only your lot are currently preparing to negotiate separation.

But what you seem to be now suggesting is that as "partners" in the UK, our numbers make us so small that our voice can be drowned out. If I'm wrong, by all means prove that our voice is "as important as our other partners' within the UK". This was your claim. Demonstrate how it is correct.

I'm as disappointed with the Brexit decision as you are, but maintain that we still have a hugely important part to play in making a success of it. As Strich has already said, It's not about Scotland & England, just pissing over the neighbours garden fence will achieve nothing.

30 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I'm as disappointed with the Brexit decision as you are, but maintain that we still have a hugely important part to play in making a success of it. As Strich has already said, It's not about Scotland & England, just pissing over the neighbours garden fence will achieve nothing.

Which displays your utter willingness to have Scotland the nation leave the EU (so we don't mither England) despite every council ward within the nation voting to retain membership and rights, but doesn't really prove your assertion that Scotland's voice "is as important as our partners' within the UK". In fact, it rather undermines it.

So do you care to prove that assertion this time? (Hint: your personal thoughts about the vote went interests no one but yourself in this exchange; you spoke about Scotland's voice, not yours or mine.)

Which displays your utter willingness to have Scotland the nation leave the EU (so we don't mither England) despite every council ward within the nation voting to retain membership and rights, but doesn't really prove your assertion that Scotland's voice "is as important as our partners' within the UK". In fact, it rather undermines it.

So do you care to prove that assertion this time? (Hint: your personal thoughts about the vote went interests no one but yourself in this exchange; you spoke about Scotland's voice, not yours or mine.)

Not sure I understand that final paragraph, can you reiterate please?

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Not sure I understand that final paragraph, can you reiterate please?

Do you care to prove the assertion that "Scotland's voice is as important as our partners in the UK" in the decision of the UK (which you call a union of nations) to leave or remain in the EU?

Do you care to prove the assertion that "Scotland's voice is as important as our partners in the UK" in the decision of the UK (which you call a union of nations) to leave or remain in the EU?

My assertion or contention, if you will, is that we (Scotland) have a better chance of influence from the inside, than shouting and screaming from the outside. We don't buy an independent Scotland, and Government ruled by the SNP. They failed 2 years ago to convince us, nothing has changed since for me and millions of other Scots. I'll go with the Union for now thanks.
Brexit is a game changer right enough, none of us expected it, but most of us know, now is not the right time to create further division in anyone's interests!

Let Brexit run its course, then have another go, I'm ok with that.

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

My assertion or contention, if you will, is that we (Scotland) have a better chance of influence from the inside, than shouting and screaming from the outside. We don't buy an independent Scotland, and Government ruled by the SNP. They failed 2 years ago to convince us, nothing has changed since for me and millions of other Scots. I'll go with the Union for now thanks.
Brexit is a game changer right enough, none of us expected it, but most of us know, now is not the right time to create further division in anyone's interests!

Let Brexit run its course, then have another go, I'm ok with that.

That's a completely different assertion, though, and is the old "but we won in 2014", coupled with "we have to do what England and Wales decided and see what ubfolds". Fair enough (there may even be something to be said for holding fire), but I'm still not clear on how any of that justifies your claim that Scotland's voice is as important as "our partners" within the UK in terms of this decision. If anything, you're proving it isn't and wasn't.

8 hours ago, Antlion said:

It was a Union of Parliaments not Nations. The Scottish parliament moved to London as the UK parliament was based in the Palace of Westminster in London. How can you move Scotland to England 

Archived