Dundee United v Queen of the South.....

Tough one to start but we really need to be picking up 12 points out of the first 12. Three at home and one away to a poor Dumbarton team before we get to the likes of Falkirk and Hibs

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't meaning that it didn't happen but thought it must have been more than once and spring instantly to mind for it to be cited as the reason for him being ropey. I just couldn't remember any games or who else would have played.

Can't believe Dobbie is back.

Wait what when did that happen??

Guest Flash
41 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Wait what when did that happen??

On 3 August, same day as the post you quoted.

Queens(pardon the ignorance, is that what you like to be known as?) are listed at 6/1 on McBookie, pretty wide odds if you ask me, particularly for first game of the season.

I`ve only seen United play Queens twice before, last time was a 6-0 victory, Victor Ferreyra scored. Before he gobbed on Andy Goram.

Guest Flash
4 minutes ago, Desert Nomad said:

Queens are listed at 6/1 on McBookie, pretty wide odds if you ask me, particularly for first game of the season.

Could be because our last away win against a Championship side was on 2 January. The 10 away games against Championship teams since have seen 1 draw and 9 defeats.  

We will have a slightly different team, though.

A tough start against a team I've back to win the league over the much fancied Hibs

Really looking forward to this game but haven't a clue what to expect from Queens . Last weekends performance and win over Stenhousemuir was our worst performance so far but maybe the arrival of Dobbie and a few changes to the starting 11 will see us come away with a result .

Likewise I'd take a draw right now :)

8 minutes ago, powerhouse7 said:

Team Prediction

Bell
Toshney Souttar Durnan Robson

Flood Murdoch
Smith Van Der Velden. Obadeyi

Murray

Would like to see Telfer and Johnson get on later

Other than Souttar I'd take that.  Just don't want to put him under too much pressure too quickly.

Anyway.  First game of the first season in the Championship; I'm looking forward to the season ahead under McKinnon whilst hoping our presence in this league is short lived.

Archived