St Johnstone v Hearts, Betfred League Cup Round of 16, Wed 10 August 2016

PauloPerth

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 07:50, Tony Wonder said:

Just read an interview with Robbie saying he's prioritising the cup.  Saints win. 

Every time we come out and make a big statement about how a tournament means a lot to us we inevitably turn in a shanner of a performance.

Told you btw.

Like a boxer acting the big man at the press conference only to get sparked out in the 2nd round.  Hearts are Danny Williams.

Highlights from last night:

Deserved to win the game I thought. Did well to press high up the pitch, bar 10-15 minutes at start of second half. Like the idea of 4-2-3-1 with a three midfielders pushing on. Worried about Kane as the lone striker, particularly as he didn't impress in that role at Brechin, but he did a lot better than I expected. Swanson was brilliant again and despite not looking particularly fit he looks like he can contribute for 90 minutes now. I'm concerned how central he's become for us with his history though. McKay must be pushing for a start on Saturday; looked very comfortable.

Imagine we'll see that formation on the road a few times this season. Wonder is Millar/Paton combo might allow the front four to have a bit more freedom?

Archived