Season Preview Questionaire

Shamelessly stolen from 442 magazine:

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Winning the Scottish Cup and winning a place in Europe for the first time in 20 years.

Biggest fear? - Relegation.

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Kris Doolan

Keep an eye out for (young player) - James Penrice. His left foot deliveries are sensational.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - Ryan Scully. Hopelessly out his depth at this level.

What one change would you make at your club - Replace the awful grassy knoll with a small standing area/stand. Although I understand it's hardly a priority given our crowds.

Have you got the right manager? - Unquestionably. He goes about his business in exactly the way I want from our manager. He never overreacts when we get beat and never gets carried away when we win. His media handling skills are excellent and never gets drawn into silly spats or embarrasses the club. He has proved himself to be more than capable with building and improving squads with tight budgets and he can manage off-field crises.

What advice would you give to him? - Punt Scully.

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - Rangers. My hatred for this vile institution runs so much deeper than just football.

Opposition player you despise - Take your pick from Joey Barton, Andy Halliday, Leigh Griffiths and Paul Paton.

Opposition player you secretly admire - Shay Logan. Nothing secret about it right enough.

Where will you finish? - Safe, mid-table (Anywhere from 6th-9th).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Greatest hope would be winning the league but realistically 2nd place and a cup would be fantastic.  Additionally EL group stages.

Biggest fear? - slipping back into mid table mediocrity

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Jonny Hayes

Keep an eye out for (young player) - No stand outs really at the club that I know of.  Hopefully Scott Wright could make a step up but not sure.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - Pleasantly surprised that this is actually a very difficult question, we got rid of any of these players over the summer like Scott Brown.  If pushed maybe Reynolds?  But still a bit undecided on it.

What one change would you make at your club - Training facilities.  Absolute must.

Have you got the right manager? - Absolutely yes.  Has his faults but his work this summer has shown he recognises his faults, that we were too one dimensional before, our goalkeeping situation was dire etc and we needed more depth to the squad.  Media handling is great and players clearly respect him and enjoy working for him.

What advice would you give to him? - Look at the centre half situation as Taylor and Reynolds don't quite seem a good fit at the moment.

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - Celtic at Parkhead, too long since we've done that

Opposition player you despise - Scott Brown, also think Andy Halliday seems like a real 'Rangers' man, which is a far from endearing quality.

Opposition player you secretly admire - Patrick Roberts, probably the best thing Deila did for Celtic

Where will you finish? - 2nd or 3rd......or 4th

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Winning the Scottish Cup and winning a place in Europe for the first time in a year.

Biggest fear? - Bottom 6

Cult hero/terrace favorite - Steven Maclean

Keep an eye out for (young player) - Chris Kane

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - N/A........Thompson if I have to pick 

What one change would you make at your club - Online ticketing - (for the 3 games a season it'd be required) 

Have you got the right manager? - Better than that, we have the Wright manager

What advice would you give to him? - Play your own game Tommy, don't listen to me

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - Rangers.

Opposition player you despise - Andy Halliday or Peter Pawlett

Opposition player you secretly admire - Willow flood (more so in previous seasons)

Where will you finish? - 4th 

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Winning either Cup, top 6 and qualifying for Europe

Biggest fear? - Losing our manager, bottom 6

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Steven Maclean

Keep an eye out for (young player) - Greg Hurst may break into the limelight as we only have 3 first team strikers. But the obvious two are Chris Kane and Craig Thomson

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - None, the whole squad contributes 

What one change would you make at your club - Give better deals for regular attenders that are non-season ticket holders, e.g. Higher priority for all-ticket matches, not charging us more for matches that are live on tv just because you want to fleece Celtic fans.  But Angus' online ticketing is a good one.

Have you got the right manager? - yes

What advice would you give to him? - Keep Joe Shaughnessy at centre back, he's far better there than RB.  But he really doesn't need my advice to be honest!

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - All of them

Opposition player you despise - Most players who play for Celtic or Rangers turn into fairly scummy individuals, so that lot. Apart from Efe, he seems sound.

Opposition player you secretly admire - I've always liked Bannigan at Partick Thistle and would like us to try to get him.

Where will you finish? - 4th is my very optimistic prediction. Maybe 5th.

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Top 6 and a cup final.

Biggest fear? - Relegation.

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Gary Warren

Keep an eye out for (young player) - Jason Brown.  A strong, athletic centre half who can also play centre midfield

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - It was Danny Devine but thankfully he's gone.  If I was forced to pick; Lewis Horner.  He just doesn't look to be quite good enough.

What one change would you make at your club - Make all games £10 for adults and £5 to get in.

Have you got the right manager? - I think so.  Foran loves the club and knows it inside out, and I can see already a change in formation and playing style that is giving us entertainment and more importantly, goals.

What advice would you give to him? - Give Mulraney a 3 year deal.

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - Rangers. Just to get it up the Inverness True Blue dicksplashes.

Opposition player you despise -  None really spring to mind.

Opposition player you secretly admire - I've always admired Ash Taylor.  For ability and looks.

Where will you finish? - 6th

What's your greatest hope for the season? – Win one of the cups (not the Irn Bru). I’d honestly take being relegated if we won the Scottish.

Biggest fear? – Having to take a shite at Firhill. And relegation.

Cult hero/terrace favourite – I’ll go with Erskine ahead of Doolan, reckon fans of most other teams would recognise Doolan as decent, Erskine is pretty much loved here and derided / ignored elsewhere.

Keep an eye out for (young player) – Either James Penrice or Kevin Nisbet, though both will probably be on loan in league 1 for most of the season rather than with us.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club – Going to say Mathias Pogba for a couple of reasons : 1) I still think he’s a haddy but hoping someone can quote me and mock me if he scores 10+ goals this season rather than being freed in January, and

2) if he moved elsewhere it would stop the terrible #pogbanter on twitter deliberately mixing up him and his wee brother on my saved “Partick Thistle” search. “LOL Pogba scored for Partick Thistle, thought he was going to Man U LOL”

What one change would you make at your club – Tell Osman or whoever else is captain to shoot into the North Stand second half if they win the toss, the City End hasn’t been our end for about 15 years now.

Have you got the right manager? – Just going to leave HJ’s answer as I can’t disagree with it Unquestionably. He goes about his business in exactly the way I want from our manager. He never overreacts when we get beat and never gets carried away when we win. His media handling skills are excellent and never gets drawn into silly spats or embarrasses the club. He has proved himself to be more than capable with building and improving squads with tight budgets and he can manage off-field crises.

What advice would you give to him? – Please don’t f**k about in the cups, the none up front vs ICT 2 years ago and the 3-6-1 vs United last year were horrible.

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? – Probably just Rangers ahead of Celtic, we’re 20 years since a win against either FFS.

Opposition player you despise - Paul Paton is an easy target. But a deserved one.

Opposition player you secretly admire – I like big Magennis, though I’m hoping Azeez is a similar type of bulldozing forward.

Where will you finish? – 8th

What's your greatest hope for the season? - winning the title , creating maximum seethe and tears amongst the east end hordes 

Biggest fear? - Having a minter and languishing between 6-4th 

Cult hero/terrace favourite - krancjar - has potential to be a class act and Mendes type of player 

Keep an eye out for (young player) - Jordan rossiter 

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - kiernan/wilson . There's plenty of room for two in the back of the car 

What one change would you make at your club - well that's a different topic for a different sub section 

Have you got the right manager? - I think so , but his defensive attitude may be found out and prove to be our downfall this season , if that changed I believe he would be perfect 

What advice would you give to him? - tighten up at the back and mix it up a bit more up front 

Which team do you want to beat the most this season?- celtic 

Opposition player you despise - scott brown 

Opposition player you secretly admire - shay Logan at Aberdeen , most Aberdeen games I have watched on the tele he has been a consistent performer plus he knows how to cause a seethe amongst the celtic faithful 

Where will you finish? - hopefully 1st , probably 2nd/3rd

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Silverware. League challenge. 

Biggest fear? - Early cup exits. 

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Shay Logan

Keep an eye out for (young player) - Scott Wright but unlikely to get game time. 

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - Not sure. No one??

What one change would you make at your club - New ground/training facilities.

Have you got the right manager? - Yes.

What advice would you give to him? - Don' try to be too clever.

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - Celtic. We need to get at least 6 points off them to challenge. 

Opposition player you despise - Scott Brown. Absolute cretin. 

Opposition player you secretly admire - McGinn at Hibs. 

Where will you finish? - 2nd

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Top six; Scottish cup semi

Biggest fear? - The manager getting sacked, John Hartson being appointed and the team falling apart to be relegated.

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Craig Curran. Technically not a top six player but his workrate makes up for it.

Keep an eye out for (young player) - I can't see much game time for any young player in this team... but Chris McLaughlin at LB is known as Boomer for a belter of a left foot.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - Andrew Davies.  Arguably our best defender, but it would free up a big wage to strengthen where needed elsewhere.

What one change would you make at your club - a highlights package in line with what Motherwell and ICT have.  Even a subscription-based one would be fine.

Have you got the right manager? - Yes, with just the smallest hint of doubt.

What advice would you give to him? - Don't be blind to your favourites; be prepared to be ruthless in the cull in the way you were with Adams's senior players.

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - I like to see ICT lose more than I like seeing Ross County win.

Opposition player you despise - Ross Draper.  Always just manages to play within the limit of the law, and always coasts through Highland derbies.

Opposition player you secretly admire - Johnny Hayes

Where will you finish? - 7th

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Finish top six and win a cup.

Biggest fear? - .Relegation

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Carl 'EDL Goal Machine' Tremarco

Keep an eye out for (young player) - Jake 'El Rapido' Mulreany,.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - No-one really at the moment.

What one change would you make at your club - Improve the media operation.  Go back to cash gates.  

Have you got the right manager? - I think so.  He's been an authority figure in teh dressing room for a while, hopefully he has the nuance for management.  Early signs are good and we are a good team for a first time manager.

What advice would you give to him? - Don't listen to advice from internet idiots. Also, play Tremarco up front.

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - Rangers, they are a horrid lot.

Opposition player you despise - .I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.  Danny Devine will get a bit of stick on Saturday.

Opposition player you secretly admire - .Graeme Shinnie, Adam Rooney, Jonny Hayes and Miles Storey.

Where will you finish? - A solid seventh.

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Another top 6 finish. A decent run in the Scottish Cup would be nice.

Biggest fear? - Losing the League Cup before the end of July. Relegation.

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Michael Gardyne

Keep an eye out for (young player) -  Christopher McLaughlin is probably the only youngster with potential at the club.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - Tony Dingwall. It's doubtful he'll ever make the step up after a promising start 2 seasons ago.

What one change would you make at your club - More communication with the fans. The social media seems to have improved a bit, but there can still be entire matches that are barely mentioned on the Twitter page.

Have you got the right manager? - Yes, although he seems have turned a bit Adamsy of late going by the rumours of petty squabbles with various players.

What advice would you give to him? - Martin Woods doesn't have to start every single game.

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - ICT and the Old Firm. Especially since they all share the same fanbase in Inverness as each other.

Opposition player you despise - Any of the ICT midfield hammer throwers.

Opposition player you secretly admire - Allan Mannus

Where will you finish? - Between fifth and tenth

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Safety, hopefully 7th or top 6.

Biggest fear? - Hartley leaving and being relegated.

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Paul McGowan

Keep an eye out for (young player) -  Craig Wighton; the most naturally gifted Scottish youngster playing in Scotland's top tier at this very moment. 

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - Kevin Holt, he's fucking shite

What one change would you make at your club - Transparency; the board is a wee bit shite at letting people what's really going on behind the scenes. 

Have you got the right manager? - Paul Hartley is the best manager we have had since Jocky MK.1

What advice would you give to him? - Tighten the defence up, do that and we will be golden. 

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - Ross County, as we never seem able to beat them. 

Opposition player you despise -  Juanma, absolute carthorse. 

Opposition player you secretly admire - Kenny McLean or Graeme Shinnie. 

Where will you finish? - Between 6th and 10th.

What's your greatest hope for the season? - A Cup run - any sort of cup run.

Biggest fear? - That we re-sign Tony Straker on the last day of the window.

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Louis Moult seems like the obvious one. But they're really thinking about Las. In a sexy way.

Keep an eye out for (young player) - Chris Cadden - broke into the team last season, looked the part from day 1 and seems to have managed the transition from scrawny youth player to the first team unusually well.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - McGhee has done a great job of clearing the decks - but Joe Chalmers won't make it at our level.

What one change would you make at your club - Install some retractable pillars in the South Stand that could be deployed when Celtic are in town - give them the Restricted View Experience© while they're trashing the stand.

Have you got the right manager? - In a word - yes. Too many get hung up on his personality but he has twice turned round massively unperforming sides and when I look around our peer clubs, I'm happy that we've got a decent manager.

What advice would you give to him? - Stop saying "you know" every 3rd word.

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - I know we're meant to say Rangers but I enjoyed an ultra-rare win at Douglas Park last season more than I should have - so a bit more of that please.

Opposition player you despise - Dougie Imrie was a good pantomime villain the last few seasons - and he once shat himself.

Opposition player you secretly admire - Hayes at Aberdeen - good to watch with some decent end product

Where will you finish? - 6th or 7th

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Treble and hopefully CL group stage

Biggest fear? -  Got to be finishing 2nd

Cult hero/terrace favourite -  Efe Ambrose :P

Keep an eye out for (young player) -  Ajer or O'Connell

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - Boyata

What one change would you make at your club -  Probably shake up the scouting team

Have you got the right manager? -  Aye. Well for the money we payed, we fucking better. Not much to comment on so far tbh

What advice would you give to him? -  Please don't give Forrest a new contract

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? -  Aberdeen, title challengers an that you know ;)

Opposition player you despise -  Halliday

Opposition player you secretly admire -  Shinnie

Where will you finish? -  1st

What's your greatest hope for the season? Winning a cup and finishing top 6

Biggest fear? - Relegation 

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Kris Doolan or Chris Erskine. Both of them are the best of Thistle summed up. Dools probably edges it since he didn't break our hearts and leave for a while.

Keep an eye out for (young player) - James Penrice. Potential to be our Beckham, such is the standard of his deliveries from dead balls.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - Ryan Scully. Stolen a couple of answers from Hammer Jag so far but cannot agree with this more. The guy is awful. We're two goals down as soon as he's put on the team sheet.

What one change would you make at your club - Our farcical office staff, who couldn't run a bath.

Have you got the right manager? - Yes. 100% yes. The guy knows Thistle inside out and I couldn't wish for a better man to be the manager of our club. He's become a better manager while we have become a better team and he gets the best out of players who were mediocre at best at previous clubs. Barring any massive fallouts or a total arse collapse, he has the job as long as he wants it as far as I'm concerned.

What advice would you give to him? - Stop persisting with Sean Welsh when it's clear he is out of form. David Wilson may have benefitted from a run in the first team last season as a result of this. That and also punt Scully.

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - Celtic or The Rangers. We haven't beaten them in as long as I've been going to Firhill so we're due one. If I had to choose, it would probably be the former so that I can finally give the GIRUY to my family.

Opposition player you despise - Scott Brown or Leigh Griffiths. Take your pick. Brown probably edges it though since Griffiths at least has some footballing ability.

Opposition player you secretly admire - Greg Stewart.

Where will you finish? - Comfortably mid-table

What's your greatest hope for the season 

Top 6 finish with a decent run in the Scottish cup, couldn't care less about the league cup. 

Biggest Fear 

Finishing in the playoffs because bottom spot belongs to Accies this year. 

Cult Hero

If he stays beyond this transfer window Marvin Johnson if he leaves Louis Moult.

Young Player to Watch

I would say Dom Thomas purely on the fact that this has to be his breakthrough season or he will quickly be forgotten. Needs to step up if Marvin is sold. 

Player You'd Happily Drive to His Next Club

Easy, Joe Chalmers.

What One Change Would You Make at Your Club

If i could change anything i would want us to take cup competitions more seriously, our efforts in recent years have been nothing short of abysmal. See Albion Rovers and Stjarnan in Europe. 

Have You Got the Right Manager

I'll say a very hesitant Yes. He is a complete tool at times but they way he came in and cleaned up the mess left by that tit Baraclough was quite impressive. The 6-0 Hearts embarrassment aside. 

What Advice Would You Give Him

Sign a left back and tone down the arrogance a bit. 

Which Team do You Want to Beat The Most This Season

Sevco, would also like to give Accies a few scuddings and give Hearts a good skelpping in revenge for the 6-0 game. 

Opposition Player You Hate

Easy, Dougie Imrie the wee scudbook.

Opposition Player You Secretly Admire

Shinnie at Aberdeen. Top player.

Where Will You Finish

7th after narrowly missing out on the top 6.

What's your greatest hope for the season? -staying in the league, run in the cups

Cult hero/terrace favourite - think its going to be Donati

Keep an eye out for (young player) - Eamonn Brophy, could be his season

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - Grant Gillespie, dont know what his position is and he cant pass a ball

What one change would you make at your club - stop bringing in eurotrash at the 11th hour (ie congo steve, congo Chris)

Have you got the right manager? - No, but were stuck with Canning

What advice would you give to him? - find a new right and left back

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - Dundee, dont know whay we have this rivalry, perhaps its the paul hartley connection

Opposition player you despise - Gary Harkins

Opposition player you secretly admire - Tomas Cerny, have him back in a heartbeat

Where will you finish? - 10th

What's your greatest hope for the season? - Winning the Scottish Cup and and 2nd

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Djoum

Keep an eye out for (young player) - Dario Zanatta

Player you'd happily drive to his next club - Juwon Oshaniwa (Obvious reasons)

What one change would you make at your club - The style of "football" being played

Have you got the right manager? - Unsure ATM, he need to learn how to win big games.

What advice would you give to him? - Play players in their correct position

Which team do you want to beat the most this season? - Rangers.

Opposition player you despise - Murray Davidson cause he's a lanky moany b*****d

Opposition player you secretly admire - Shinne.. What a man

Where will you finish? - 4th

Archived