The Sons v The Arabs 13/8/16

The great thing about being relegated is we now get the chance to play teams who have riled-up players we've unceremoniously punted in the past, such as goal scorer Mark Miller last Saturday and Robert Thompson here.

2-1 United (SmithC, Thompson, Murray).

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, banana said:

The great thing about being relegated is we now get the chance to play teams who have riled-up players we've unceremoniously punted in the past, such as goal scorer Mark Miller last Saturday and Robert Thompson here.

2-1 United (SmithC, Thompson, Murray).

Liking the cut of yer jib there, we may well spark into life this Saturday then, big BerbaThom'll be right up for it then. 

The last time we played Dundee Utd I was in awe of some of their young guns. Robertson hadn't long joined from QP and I was massively impressed with him, his deliveries into the box were sublime. Gauld was just another level, his vision and touch meant he was about 5 steps ahead of anyone on the park. Hoping for a slightly less threatening Utd side on Saturday.

We seriously need to sort out the protection infront our defence or risk a scudding. Please Stevie, please play our players in their natural position, our defence is horribly exposed.

I agree big Fraz has looked iffy but it was the exact same when he first joined us. He takes a bit of time to get going and if we had Barr/Thomson protecting the back 4 and making themself available for a pass it would take a lot of pressure off them. I'd have Docherty in at left back and as much as Pettigrew looks miles out his depth I'm not sure Gallagher in there is the answer. Anyone know if Harvie is any use there? I'd also rather Barr was deployed at CDM or CB if he's fit and not at RB.

Todd has to start, regardless of who needs sacrificed. Be it Stevo or Smith, he's been one of our best players over this eye bleedingly, honking period.

In the spirit of exam results day, I'm going to post my prediction in the form of an equation. Dundee United - X (X = LOADZAGOALZ). Stevie Aitken's player position tombola - 0. Solve Stevie Aitken's selection process for X.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

In the spirit of exam results day, I'm going to post my prediction in the form of an equation. Dundee United - X (X = LOADZAGOALZ). Stevie Aitken's player position tombola - 0. Solve Stevie Aitken's selection process for X.

I think the answer is Grant Gallagher in the number 10 position.

The last time we played Dundee Utd I was in awe of some of their young guns. Robertson hadn't long joined from QP and I was massively impressed with him, his deliveries into the box were sublime. Gauld was just another level, his vision and touch meant he was about 5 steps ahead of anyone on the park. Hoping for a slightly less threatening Utd side on Saturday.

We seriously need to sort out the protection infront our defence or risk a scudding. Please Stevie, please play our players in their natural position, our defence is horribly exposed.

I agree big Fraz has looked iffy but it was the exact same when he first joined us. He takes a bit of time to get going and if we had Barr/Thomson protecting the back 4 and making themself available for a pass it would take a lot of pressure off them. I'd have Docherty in at left back and as much as Pettigrew looks miles out his depth I'm not sure Gallagher in there is the answer. Anyone know if Harvie is any use there? I'd also rather Barr was deployed at CDM or CB if he's fit and not at RB.

Todd has to start, regardless of who needs sacrificed. Be it Stevo or Smith, he's been one of our best players over this eye bleedingly, honking period.

Wait till you see this new lad we have; Sean Dillon - makes Gauld look like Dave Bowman.

Martin

Pettigrew Buchanan Wright harvie

Thomson

Todd.            Stevenson.        Stirling

Mccallum.          Thomson.

Give the guys another chance, one bad game doesn't make a bad player, but mccallum has to start

8 hours ago, Marr1 said:

cba with getting a ticket for this one, I'll go to Dumbarton for the trip later in the season.

Does anyone know if I can watch ArabZone Live by using a VPN?

The Rock's a far more hospitable place to sit in in August than it will be in December mate, come this weekend!

Whats the actual name of Dumbarton's ground?

I know the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium is the sponsored name, but what's the actual name?

In the same way that the Emirates Stadium is called Ashburton Grove, Indodrill Stadium is Recreation Park, etc.

Archived