FA Cup 2016/17

Eednud

Millwall deserve loads of credit. 3 wins in a row against Premier League teams. Too bad their fans are scumbags; just got into the FA Cup quarter-final and they celebrate by running over to the Leicester fans.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Millwall deserve loads of credit. 3 wins in a row against Premier League teams. Too bad their fans are scumbags; just got into the FA Cup quarter-final and they celebrate by running over to the Leicester fans.

The question is where were any of these muppets the last two rounds where they played to a near empty ground? Now all of a sudden that there's a whiff of success around them, out come the scumbags again.

It's a crying shame that after all the hard work the club's done to get rid of the morons, set up a proper youth academy & fight against a corrupt Labour run local authority trying to steal their ground so the former Labour chair of the borough could line his pockets, these arseholes reappear, although c***s like the one running the Football Fights twatter account glorifying such little shits don't help.

6 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Tremendous result for Lincoln. This cup run must be worth a fortune to them. Hopefully, they'll get a home draw in the quarters.

£180,000 just for winning the match, before adding on their cut of the gate money (45% of the gate), the TV money (£247,500), & of course the money to come from reaching the quarters (again £247,500 for the TV, £123,750 if it goes to a replay).

The FA Cup means far more financially to clubs from Tier 3 downwards, but the prestige to supporters of a good run cannot be underestimated, to say nothing of that all important UEFA Cup slot. But even if a Premiership club puts on a full squad, there's no guarantee they'll put in a full shift because the players know damn well concentrating on the league is financially far more important both to the club & themselves, although the club's merchandise sellers won't agree since their sales crash the moment any lingering hope of a trophy vanishes.

The bottom tier of the away end at the Den is almost always kept empty because of that.

Is this something they regularly do? I know they've got a reputation for being arseholes but I always assumed that it was just because they had a hooligan group with a reputation.

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It's annoying for me as Millwall away would probably be the ideal draw in terms of location for me, but it's probably the only ground in the UK where it would feel a bit dodgy getting in and out of.

You are probably right it really is an awful place. 

Just now, Rab B Nesbit said:

You are probably right it really is an awful place. 

My mate is a Wimbledon fan- he said that there never used to be any aggro when they went to MIllwall because the Millwall fans respected what Wimbledon had managed to do. Having said that I wouldn't fancy a trip there myself...

In a similar way Whitehill's Fergie Park used to be intimidating.

Not these days, alas! :P

15 minutes ago, (._.) said:

There's absolutely nothing worrying about Millwall. If it were the other way round, a few of you would be lapping it up. Millwall have a terrible reputation off the back of things nearly 20-30 years ago. 

Going to war torn Anfield is much more unpleasant.

There's a video on the last page showing their fans on the pitch trying to start fights after the game yesterday. Bizarre post.

Archived