Raith v St Mirren

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paco said:

Sorry mate, you're right. I seem to recall a Saints fan saying there 'nothing' between the sides last season (three wins and a draw for Rovers in the head-to-head, 20 point gap in the table).

Saturday was just as close.

You seem to think I was being sarcastic. I wasn't.

All Saints fans seemed to say we were rubbish; but any neutral who watched the highlights package your club put together would think otherwise, and that we were probably unlucky to lose - not helped by some dreadful defending and a couple of inexplicably bad refereeing decisions.

For the Raith editorial team to put out a highlights package that gives an incorrect impression of the game in OUR favour is magnanimous indeed.

You seem to think I was being sarcastic. I wasn't.

All Saints fans seemed to say we were rubbish; but any neutral who watched the highlights package your club put together would think otherwise, and that we were probably unlucky to lose - not helped by some dreadful defending and a couple of inexplicably bad refereeing decisions.

For the Raith editorial team to put out a highlights package that gives an incorrect impression of the game in OUR favour is magnanimous indeed.

We didn't omit to include the numerous chances we had as well you know.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

We didn't omit to include the numerous chances we had as well you know.

I didn't say you did.

But based on the opinions of both sets of fans, Saints were woeful and deserved nothing from the game.

Yet the highlight package makes it look pretty even.  They even went out of their way to highlight the two penalties which COULD have changed the game.

Trying to pay your TV people a complement seems to be pretty tough :-)!

1 hour ago, 2711 said:

Rae seems to have spent all his budget on strikers. Why would you sign 4 forwards who would all expect to be starting when money is tight? 

Rae is a 4-4-2 guy. Most teams in this division that play 4-4-2 have 4 strikers, Rae sacrificed bringing in another midfielder for Ryan Hardie. He also signed Gary MacKenzie which wasn't planned but the player was available and in Rae's eyes it was an opportunity that he couldn't refuse.

I'll wait and see where we are at when Quinn and MacKenzie have been in the team for a few games, they 2 are key for us.

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Rae is a 4-4-2 guy. Most teams in this division that play 4-4-2 have 4 strikers, Rae sacrificed bringing in another midfielder for Ryan Hardie. He also signed Gary MacKenzie which wasn't planned but the player was available and in Rae's eyes it was an opportunity that he couldn't refuse.

I'll wait and see where we are at when Quinn and MacKenzie have been in the team for a few games, they 2 are key for us.

Yeah I get that, we have 4 strikers too but two of them don't expect a start every week. Ones past his prime and one is a young lad making the step up. You guys have 4 guys who would all expect a start every week.

Rae seems to have spent all his budget on strikers. Why would you sign 4 forwards who would all expect to be starting when money is tight? 

Cause Rae's fucked it in a word.

I think he signed up Clarkson early on cause he didn't think he would get Sutton. Then Sutton said yes so he couldn't say no, so we have both.

I then think he signed up Hardie cause he didn't think he would get Shankland. Then Aberdeen said yes and Rae (inexplicably in my view) seems to really rate Shankland and he couldn't say no to him either, so we have both of them too.

We now have 4 strikers who all want to start and who can all can make cases for starting and only 2 at most can. Personally I would rather we played with 1 striker and 3 central midfielders, but that's not an option as we have more strikers than centre mids.

This means we will always have two strikers in the park which in turn leads to us being continually over run in midfield. It also means that whereas our striking and centre half options look great, we are woefully short in other areas of the park as all our budget has been used on those two positions.

We have started with Mallan and Hutton in every competitive game so far, not cause the partnership between them is working in midfield - it clearly isn't - but because we simply don't have any other centre midfielders available. They will likely start together on Saturday too.

Thankfully it's still August and there is time to remedy the mess Rae has made. Although I think will need to move players on to get someone in, I hope he does. I would terminate either Shankland or Hardies loan and use the money to get in a defensive midfielder.

rngiEui.gif

You can't blame the ref for not spotting that, he's fucking tiny.

We're not going to see fair decisions in these games until the SPFL stops employing miniature referees.

In the words of Andy Gray...

"Take a bow, son"
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Maybe the ref thought the St Mirren defender headed it away more so than Bene hand balling it. I know it's easy to watch it back and see point blank that's not what happened but you never know how the ref saw it. Maybe I'm just clutching at straws.

Archived