Hibernian vs Dunfermline

Be interesting to see the approach Pars take. Our main keeper being out is a huge blow and we really need another striker (unless one of the fringe players like James Thomas or David Hopkirk seizes and opportunity). Despite that, we can score goals against anyone. Even last season there were games where we didn't boss possession but still won the game by a big scoreline. 

With the quality Hibs have they have to be favourites but they have to be very wary of playing a high defensive line. We score so many goals on the counter and I'm pretty sure if someone tallied them we scored more goals last year from other teams' corners etc than from our own. The tough ballwinners like Geggan, big BRE and Wedderburn don't need to do much fancy. Just slip the ball to Cardle, Moffat, Higgin... or Reilly and they'll just flood forward. It's not something we experienced much last year but it's a system that could be really well suited to an away game where we can just sit in tight and look for the openings. 

Problem is that we're likely to mess up trying to defend a simple cross or corner at some point, or the keeper will flap at something. 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

We were absolutely atrocious at dealing with counter attacking teams last year.

The QOS game was a disappointingly familiar performance will be interesting to see what Lennon comes up with on Saturday.

We were absolutely atrocious at dealing with counter attacking teams last year.

Sounds like we'll get a chance on Saturday to see if there's any improvement in that area.

We couldn't deal with it on Tuesday. It's ridiculous that 3 years into this league and we still concede the same stupid goals.

I hope they were gutted. The League cup's still a big competition and it was at home against a team that looks like they won't be too far from the top 2 this season. A good victory midweek would have kept momentum from a good pre season and opening league fixture.

I hope they were gutted. The League cup's still a big competition and it was at home against a team that looks like they won't be too far from the top 2 this season. A good victory midweek would have kept momentum from a good pre season and opening league fixture.

Can't see them being anywhere near the top 2 this season..

1 hour ago, Pete Rockwell said:

What

20 minutes ago, Pete Rockwell said:

QOS looked decent wouldn't be at all surprised to see them finish top 4.

I agree, for what it's worth, although I am only basing that on one game. They were certainly a lot more impressive against us than Dunfermline were.

8 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

You're right, most notable being a pars fan.

Hibs should tear these apart, Lennon has improved on the way Stubbs had the team set out. 3-1 to the Hibs.

Reaching Cowden levels of hating the mighty DA more than you support your own club with that past. Tragic.

7 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

On dunfermlines last 2 visits to Easter road both games have had good crowds. It's no surprise that the 2 biggest sides in their respective cities/regions draw such a big crowd compared to clubs like Raith and hearts.

This tbf, although it's kind of like how Everton are bigger than Liverpool in Liverpool.

6 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

8 pages of mostly dross school boy patter, congratulations.  (I got to page 3 and stopped reading) 

Probably a Hibs win.
Hope we start with two up front and play our normal game. 
Perhaps grab a goal or two. 
A good day out. 

At what point in your thought process did you think that hitting "Submit Reply" on that fucking shambles was a good idea?

5 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I'm hopeful of 16k+ for this one.

Will you actually be one of them this time?

Imagine being a shitey armchair supporter for a team like Hibs.

25 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Wasn't impressed with Queens at all tbh. We should've been 2 or 3 up at half-time, then we just fell apart in the 2nd half. They were clinical though so fair play.

They came to ER defended in numbers and were clinical on the counter. Looked pretty good imo. 

5 minutes ago, Pete Rockwell said:

They came to ER defended in numbers and were clinical on the counter. Looked pretty good imo. 

See, we're not good at that. We are honking if we try anything other than a 4-4-2 with Cardle and Higgy out wide, playing our normal free-flowing way. We should just play the way we normally do, maybe with Nat in a DM role, and hope for the best. I'm not comfortable with us trying to shitfest our way to a result because it never works.

Archived