Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

10 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I can't say I'm familiar with the work of the poster dorlomin, but after I had the audacity to suggest that perhaps the deaths of the 3000 people killed in 9/11 aren't anymore important than the 120,000 Iraqi civilians that lost their lives in the subsequent war, I got the following rant which leads me to believe the guy may be unhinged:

On the first day of the Battle of Caen about 800 French civilians were killed by Allied bombing and artillery. A couple of days later a company of Waffen SS from the Das Reich division went into the village of Oradour-sur-Glane and killed 642 civilians as a reprisal for French Resistance activities in support of the Allies. An eye witness (a B17 crew member being hidden by the resistance) claims a baby was crucified. 

In your eyes the Allied forces who liberated Europe from the grip of Nazi terror are as guilty as the Nazis for civilian dead. Well you have clearly not thought this through beyond trying to score an internet point so you will willy wave and bluster away to cover for making a clown of yourself. 

Me? I have no problem with people saying Blair should stand trial. (No doubt this will surprise some of the dimwits who jump to conclusions.) When you commit soldiers to battle you have a tremendous moral obligation to ensure that it is necessary and that all precautions have been taken to minimise harm to your forces and to the civilians. There has to be a bit of latitude here as definitions will vary but Blair recklessly got involved in a war with very poor planning. But that is far more akin to manslaughter or corporate manslaughter than homicide with prejudice. The subtleties will evades you. Se la vie.

The Germans were supposed to have done it to a Canadian in WW1, and the Russians were supposed to have done it in the Ukraine.- crucifixion's one of those standard bits of atrocity propaganda that's often alleged but never proved against various armies - unless you're the real-life Itchy & Scratchy that is ISIS who actually film yourself doing it in HD.

11 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I can't say I'm familiar with the work of the poster dorlomin, but after I had the audacity to suggest that perhaps the deaths of the 3000 people killed in 9/11 aren't anymore important than the 120,000 Iraqi civilians that lost their lives in the subsequent war, I got the following rant which leads me to believe the guy may be unhinged:

On the first day of the Battle of Caen about 800 French civilians were killed by Allied bombing and artillery. A couple of days later a company of Waffen SS from the Das Reich division went into the village of Oradour-sur-Glane and killed 642 civilians as a reprisal for French Resistance activities in support of the Allies. An eye witness (a B17 crew member being hidden by the resistance) claims a baby was crucified. 

In your eyes the Allied forces who liberated Europe from the grip of Nazi terror are as guilty as the Nazis for civilian dead. Well you have clearly not thought this through beyond trying to score an internet point so you will willy wave and bluster away to cover for making a clown of yourself. 

Me? I have no problem with people saying Blair should stand trial. (No doubt this will surprise some of the dimwits who jump to conclusions.) When you commit soldiers to battle you have a tremendous moral obligation to ensure that it is necessary and that all precautions have been taken to minimise harm to your forces and to the civilians. There has to be a bit of latitude here as definitions will vary but Blair recklessly got involved in a war with very poor planning. But that is far more akin to manslaughter or corporate manslaughter than homicide with prejudice. The subtleties will evades you. Se la vie.

It seems to be the trend on this 9/11 anniversary to be offended by people mentioning the devastation that followed the event itself. Apparently it's somehow a slur on the memory of those who died on the day.

Actually just read the debate you're referring to in the politics forum - fucking hell.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Even if it's true, I don't think crucifying one baby should be the only thing you judge The SS on.

Nobody ever talks about the SS helping old ladies with their shopping.

I think you're mixing up yer BBs with your SSs. 

I actually don't know who is more infuriating. Billy Bhoys putting your eggs at the bottom of your bag.
Or Paul Mersin on Soccer Saturday sluring his words over some GOAL. No it was offside....

On 11/09/2016 at 21:49, Dee Man said:

Is this part of the "remaking british s(h)itcoms" series, Allo Allo?

Grimbo

Absolute belter of a heads gone (in the idiocy rather than seethe stakes) in the Ayr thread in The Championship forum. An Ayr fan adamantly claiming that Ayr had a top 5 team the last time we were in The Championship, despite the fact that most of our squad that year was utter dross and we were comfortably relegated by League 1 Airdrie in the playoffs.

15 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Absolute belter of a heads gone (in the idiocy rather than seethe stakes) in the Ayr thread in The Championship forum. An Ayr fan adamantly claiming that Ayr had a top 5 team the last time we were in The Championship, despite the fact that most of our squad that year was utter dross and we were comfortably relegated by League 1 Airdrie in the playoffs.

Hahaha nice one m8, that's a belter right enough.

Maybe not quite a Heads Gone thread but the You must be joking thread on the Junior section, the OP asking people for jokes and saying "Please keep them PC guys"

Followed by his own joke where the punch line is a man being pleasured, then follows jokes about "Paddy", midgets, Chinese people, Muslims, Japanese people, homosexuals and native Americans.

Ahh Juniors...

16 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Maybe not quite a Heads Gone thread but the You must be joking thread on the Junior section, the OP asking people for jokes and saying "Please keep them PC guys"

Followed by his own joke where the punch line is a man being pleasured, then follows jokes about "Paddy", midgets, Chinese people, Muslims, Japanese people, homosexuals and native Americans.

Ahh Juniors...

Shhhhh. If you mention them the dark magic that keeps them contained in their forum is broken and let's them loose across the board.

Takes the mods weeks to wrangle them back into their pen.

40 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Shhhhh. If you mention them the dark magic that keeps them contained in their forum is broken and let's them loose across the board.

Takes the mods weeks to wrangle them back into their pen.

It appears the thread is now actually gone, opps.

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

Ahh Juniors...

Which coincidentally enough was the punchline of a Jimmy Savile joke I heard once.

2 hours ago, Torpar said:

Ahh Juniors...

28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

:lol: The racist, xenophobic and homophobic jokes were all just a laugh and banter though. It's not like one team's committee not staying behind for sandwiches or something, that would be no laughing matter! 

The main thing I found funny was the OP saying "keeping PC" and then people's interpretation of what PC was.