And now we can dwell

Radford, Nizzy and the others
The power hungry, moderate brothers
The most humerous of it all
You the winners of the headsgone brawl

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

You can still find quite a lot of what was going on:

https://twitter.com/fundilymundily/status/767466071469256708

If you click that link you can use the conversation trail to see all sorts of screengrabs etc.

Matador are a vanity press publisher so I don't think they're likely to care a flying f**k what their authors get up to.

Just now, milton75 said:

One of those ones you effectively pay to publish your shite?

Yep, that's the mob - they're probably the most notorious, always with adverts in Private Eye and the like. Unfortunately they're doing better than ever as the number of publishing houses shrink & those with more money than sense get suckered in. They're getting a wee bit sneakier, hiding behind the name of Troubador, which holds conferences on "self publishing" and which just happens to plug Matador a lot for "those looking into self-publishing for the first time but finding it all too daunting" , etc.

To give you an example of their vetting process with authors, take a look at this book which it appears came out only yesterday:

http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=3990

I have to say I raised an eyebrow as the author is someone more like to be found publishing stuff like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Many-Shades-Black-John-Bean/dp/147091445X/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1472462640&sr=1-4

The guy is one of Britain's longest running, ahem "racial nationalists" (ie. moronic little Englander bigot with a fascist uniform fetish) who must be the only person that can claim to have been a member of every single one of the major far-right parties that's ever existed in the UK.

Strange really, as rather like on the far-left, the far-right louts tend to publish their attempts at fiction through their own publishing houses. My first thought was he's had a fall out with his old "comrades" again, but I notice on his Amazon listing that as well as giving his own book a glowing review & five stars he's also been given much the same from two other old far right nutters, so maybe this is all another of their "cunning plans" to go mainstream. :lol:

Whatever the case, it certainly doesn't say much for Matador when they're happy to take the likes of him under their wing.

8 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Yep, that's the mob - they're probably the most notorious, always with adverts in Private Eye and the like. Unfortunately they're doing better than ever as the number of publishing houses shrink & those with more money than sense get suckered in. They're getting a wee bit sneakier, hiding behind the name of Troubador, which holds conferences on "self publishing" and which just happens to plug Matador a lot for "those looking into self-publishing for the first time but finding it all too daunting" , etc.

To give you an example of their vetting process with authors, take a look at this book which it appears came out only yesterday:

http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=3990

I have to say I raised an eyebrow as the author is someone more like to be found publishing stuff like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Many-Shades-Black-John-Bean/dp/147091445X/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1472462640&sr=1-4

The guy is one of Britain's longest running, ahem "racial nationalists" (ie. moronic little Englander bigot with a fascist uniform fetish) who must be the only person that can claim to have been a member of every single one of the major far-right parties that's ever existed in the UK.

Strange really, as rather like on the far-left, the far-right louts tend to publish their attempts at fiction through their own publishing houses. My first thought was he's had a fall out with his old "comrades" again, but I notice on his Amazon listing that as well as giving his own book a glowing review & five stars he's also been given much the same from two other old far right nutters, so maybe this is all another of their "cunning plans" to go mainstream. :lol:

Whatever the case, it certainly doesn't say much for Matador when they're happy to take the likes of him under their wing.

:lol::lol::lol:

Great stuff from the bold Mr Bean. I'm slightly gutted by this: "After the operation, John learns that his DNA was recognised as being of Anglo-Saxon or Danish Viking origin, something that has been descended from his ancestors".

It would have been far more pleasing if his DNA test revealed something more akin to the scene in True Romance when Dennis Hopper buys it.

Its crap but I tried a play on the Monty Python sketch with the disappearance of Davey Bhoy's 'strip them of their titles' thread, so poor the mod didn't even drop it in the OF forum or even bother to weld it to the last page in the BRALT.

Davey Bhoy: I wonder where that thread has gone.

Mod: You did love it so.

You looked after it like a son.

Davey Bhoy: [strangely] And it went wherever I did go.

Mod: Is it in the cupboard?

Mod: Wouldn't you like to know.
It was a lovely little thread.

Mod: Where can the thread be?

Poster in audience: Have you thought of the drawers in the bureau?

Mod: It is a most elusive thread.

Davey Bhoy: [strangely] And it went wherever I did go!

Mod: Oh thready, thready, thready, thready.

Davey Bhoy: Thread, thread, thread, thready oh!

Mod: Oh thready, thready, thready thread.

Davey Bhoy: That went wherever I did go.

56 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Its crap but I tried a play on the Monty Python sketch with the disappearance of Davey Bhoy's 'strip them of their titles' thread, so poor the mod didn't even drop it in the OF forum or even bother to weld it to the last page in the BRALT.

FFS:lol: You're going to get hammered on here for that.

1 hour ago, CityDave said:

CHECK HIS TRUNK!!!

On the subject of Davie Bhoy, he has just announced he fears Craig Thompson will shaft Sellick in order to punish Chris Sutton....

His appearance on the tartan army forum was as welcome as Craig Levein coming back.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

On the subject of Davie Bhoy, he has just announced he fears Craig Thompson will shaft Sellick in order to punish Chris Sutton....

Just spotted this.  Having a heads gone in a thread about a game that your team are most likely going to win without too much effort, that hasn't kicked off yet, is massively impressive work.