Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian

Was on the road again this week so it was radio for me. Sounded a bit better. Souter should be a regular start. The changes at half time were needed. Please Robbie let's get a settled bk 4. We need to start scoring. I wish we had a Gary Mackay or a J l Valois in the middle.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked like a game of football might break out in the first ten minutes, two  teams afraid to lose soon put an end to any of that nonsense. 

O'Connor looks a good signing for us. The other new signings will need to show a bit more. 

Callum Paterson would be a horrible teammate. 

Glad it's over.

3 hours ago, GorgieRoad said:

Yep. Let McGinn put in a couple of crosses but apart from that covered well and played a couple of decent balls up to Watt and Sammon to start a counter attack. Looks comfortable at LB and RB, I think if Paterson went this summer or in January he would be able to step up and replace him.

I liked the look of him when he came in at RB last season even though you could tell he was naturally left footed. Was hoping to see if he was even more suited at LB though. Whilst I'd hate to fuel Paulo's thought that Nicholson is a "busted flush"....he was pretty ineffectual v Celtic and thought having Smith at LB with a more direct Rherras pushed further forward might be an option?

7 minutes ago, sjc said:

I liked the look of him when he came in at RB last season even though you could tell he was naturally left footed. Was hoping to see if he was even more suited at LB though. Whilst I'd hate to fuel Paulo's thought that Nicholson is a "busted flush"....he was pretty ineffectual v Celtic and thought having Smith at LB with a more direct Rherras pushed further forward might be an option?

I don't think Liam Smith is left-footed, mate.

So just 2 wins in our last 13 now for Phoodle and his master, yet incredibly there are still plenty of jammy wearing cretins who defend the two utter losers. :lol:

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I don't think Liam Smith is left-footed, mate.

My mistake. He played at LB last season whilst being naturally right footed! Sorry, Granny Danger moment!

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

The classy thing to do would have been for me to not mention it.  Soz, m8.

I'm happy you corrected me to be honest mate. Save a lot of embarrassment in the long run with the Uber Hearts fans on here......

When did the unemployed oil workers, last beat us?

Great patter mate - folk with families to support being put out of work is laugh a minute stuff.

Aberdeen beat Hearts twice last season - deservedly.

Hearts then beat Aberdeen twice - deservedly in the cup, and then in the Friday night league game where we should have been 3-0 up early on, but in the end deservedly lost.

Hearts also won a meaningless dead rubber at the end of the season, but it's a few matches now since we've won and I never expected to do so yesterday due to it being the fourth game in nine days, and Hearts having the ability to grind us down.

Still, I think we'll do ok this season - all the signings look like they'll improve us.

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Great patter mate - folk with families to support being put out of work is laugh a minute stuff.

Hearts then beat Aberdeen twice - deservedly in the cup, and then in the Friday night league game where we should have been 3-0 up early on, but in the end deservedly lost.

Hearts also won a meaningless dead rubber at the end of the season, but it's a few matches now since we've won and I never expected to do so yesterday due to it being the fourth game in nine days, and Hearts having the ability to grind us down.

Jesus! :blink:

30 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

What did people make of Reynolds at LB yesterday? O'Connor looks like he is a great find already. 

If it's a choice between AC & MR for the left back slot, I'd choose Andy every time. Even the most simple 20 yard pass by Reynolds has to be played off the ground. Considine is capable of the occasional good ball into box too.

Having said that Reynolds did ok yesterday. O'Connor looks like he could be the steady centre half we've been crying out for.

I'd be happy enough with Reynolds at LCB with O'Connor alongside to see if there's any improvement on any perm with Taylor on the park.

Would like to see more of Storey, seems to have a wee edge to his game.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Still, I think we'll do ok this season - all the signings look like they'll improve us.

Was one of the deserved victories when that tit, McGhee had a 90th minute, brain fart?

Not the worst Dons-Hearts game we've had to endure recently.

Disappointed that the Jambos plumped for a white away top rather than the Battenburg but at least one Gorgie boy made an effort though.

IMG_1471212229.100532.jpg

I thought it was one of the worst matches I'd seen at Pittodrie, certainly under McInnes. Two teams devoid of any real goalscoring threat meaning a poor poor match.

Archived