Aberdeen vs St Johnstone

Alex_14

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I think it's just RG tbf. He doesn't take anything well. I have no problem with Aberdeen celebrating getting Morton. The shitest team left in the cup and very easy chance of another final. Fucking right I'd be delighted.

Zactly

And I bet the Morton players and fans were jumping all around their living rooms too

At the very least against Aberdeen they know if the Dons GK drop kicks someone he'll be sent off

3 hours ago, Dubford don said:

in the unlikely event of Celtic finding themselves in the last 4 of the champions league with Real Madrid man Utd and Bayern Munich which club do you think the last 3 would want.

I think that's the point.  Celtic are obviously miles off Bayern and Real.  I don't think Aberdeen players should see themselves as so far behind Rangers and Celtic that they actually cheer avoiding them.

Guys FFS get over it. Budgets and all the rest of it are in Aberdeen's favour. Yet games between the two sides have been a coin flip, except when you pump us. The Dons players reaction reflects how fucking hard it is for them to beat your lot and how important cups are to us after getting papped out early both times last season.

You are being complete fannies going on about this.

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think that's the point.  Celtic are obviously miles off Bayern and Real.  I don't think Aberdeen players should see themselves as so far behind Rangers and Celtic that they actually cheer avoiding them.

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

No the point is Celtic and Rangers would have wanted to draw Morton as well.

11 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

Guys FFS get over it. Budgets and all the rest of it are in Aberdeen's favour. Yet games between the two sides have been a coin flip, except when you pump us. The Dons players reaction reflects how fucking hard it is for them to beat your lot and how important cups are to us after getting papped out early both times last season.

I dont think the reaction has anything to do with St Johnstone and everything to do with being a last minute winner in a cup quarter final. If that had been against Village Town FC from Div 3 the reaction would have been the same.

Getting to a cup semi final is a big fucking deal for everyone outside of the muppet show and long may it continue to be so. When one of The Rest become inured to the novelty of a semi final they're no better than the OF (see 1980s)

Its worth nobodies saying their shouldn't be celebrations, least of all us, who know we might live the rest of our lives without seeing our club in another Final, but that it all seemed a bit excessive. Maybe we should take it as a backhanded compliment though, and maybe it'll provide the fire for the rest of the season, as we often play better after a disappointment.

Its worth nobodies saying their shouldn't be celebrations, least of all us, who know we might live the rest of our lives without seeing our club in another Final, but that it all seemed a bit excessive. Maybe we should take it as a backhanded compliment though, and maybe it'll provide the fire for the rest of the season, as we often play better after a disappointment.

Probably the most tedious two sentences in the history of the English language there.

4 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Probably the most tedious two sentences in the history of the English language there.

If you're going to randomly try and start trying to wind me up, can you try and not just plagiarize Dundee fans the whole time?

I see the point and again, I would say there's nothing wrong with being pleased with the draw.

But I'd like to think if it was me it would be a private 'that's a good draw' then focus on the next game.

Given were looking to win the competition we will have to face one of them in the final so surely it's not that big a deal?

It was in private though, the Dons players weren't to know it was getting recorded were they? You then had all the footballing clichés in public from DM about how they'd still need to play there best and all that shite.

Genuinely with some of the drivel posted about this I don't think some of the posters have ever been a competitive dressing room environment, I'm not even talking professional, you get those celebrations at any age group, mental.
Compared to other matches this season, I've been relatively "un-seethey" in this thread. I think.

Well isn't that an achievement! Maybe time to step back, evaluate and stop being such a bore?

I think there's two things getting discussed at the same time here.

I've not got any issue with the Aberdeen players' celebrations over a late winner, I completely understand that.  My point was about their cheering the SF draw, I was just really surprised at the mentality of their players being so delighted to avoid the old firm clubs.

I've not got any issue with the Aberdeen players' celebrations over a late winner, I completely understand that.  My point was about their cheering the SF draw, I was just really surprised at the mentality of their players being so delighted to avoid the old firm clubs.

Why wouldn't they be, Morton are the weakest team in the draw, therefore they present the easiest route to the final (and therefore cup), why would they want to make things harder for themselves?

I'm not going to act the c*nt completely, as we all know we'd have been disappointed if we drew Celtic. But how do you know we wanted to avoid Rangers as well? That would've been a decent draw, certainly not a 'f**k sake' draw anyway. Clearly, we should be delighted at avoiding the two better sides in the draw though as it gives the team a better chance to reach the final. I'm not sure why this needs to be spelled out to anyone.

ETA alternatively it was McGinn, McLean etc celebrating an "Old Firm" match to watch...

Archived