Aberdeen vs St Johnstone

Alex_14

43 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

511 according to our Twitter account last night.  Disappointed by our turnout though.  Maybe the game being live on TV had an impact but I would have hoped the reasonable ticket prices would have seen more fans turnout.

Clubs only have themselves to blame. 

If it's on TV season tickets should be valid. 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been in a few dressing rooms where the door's deliberately been left open pre and post match to wind up the opposition. Aberdeen had every right to celebrate loudly after that win but there was nothing wrong in shutting the door, especially if it was felt it was left open for GIRFUY reasons. Reacting to someone shutting the door is more cringy than reacting after being wound up by a defeat though. 

It's understandable the crowd was low given all the circumstances. Can't criticise supporters for backing BT, one of Scottish football's main sponsors after all...

I'd be concerned at the shitebaggery of my team if I was an Aberdeen fan.

I can understand fans cheering avoiding the old firm in a cup draw, but players from a team who are supposed to go out and compete with them seems a major inferiority complex. 

I hope I'm wrong, but with that mentality I half expect rangers to get something from the game at Pittodrie at the weekend, when it's a game Aberdeen should be going out looking to give them a hiding.  

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I can understand fans cheering avoiding the old firm in a cup draw, but players from a team who are supposed to go out and compete with them seems a major inferiority complex. 

I hope I'm wrong, but with that mentality I half expect rangers to get something from the game at Pittodrie at the weekend, when it's a game Aberdeen should be going out looking to give them a hiding.  

I'll think about being annoyed and upset...........ok, no I'm not.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

I've been in a few dressing rooms where the door's deliberately been left open pre and post match to wind up the opposition. Aberdeen had every right to celebrate loudly after that win but there was nothing wrong in shutting the door, especially if it was felt it was left open for GIRFUY reasons. Reacting to someone shutting the door is more cringy than reacting after being wound up by a defeat though. 

It's understandable the crowd was low given all the circumstances. Can't criticise supporters for backing BT, one of Scottish football's main sponsors after all...

It's a good thing the Saints players were annoyed, if there's a next time they know what to do, fucking win the game.

Well done Aberdeen, now go scud these WEST COAST mutants in the semi please.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a bit of a minter how the players reacted, but it's a far more pleasing reaction than simply walking past and accepting it tbh.

If it's a bit of a minter the way they reacted, but it's better than just accepting it, what's the non-minter reaction?

If it's a bit of a minter the way they reacted, but it's better than just accepting it, what's the non-minter reaction?

Not reacting is the non minter option. But personally I find their reaction more pleasing than that

Not reacting is the non minter option. But personally I find their reaction more pleasing than that

First thing's first, well done to the Saints fans who travelled up. Made a great noise and travelled in good numbers, continuing the tradition of good cup supports from Perth. Few of my pals laughed when I said you'd carry a good crowd up.

As for the game, absolutely brutal. The teams know each other inside out and it shows when we play. Quite often, these games are rotten affairs for the paying fan. Our tactics of humping it long totally fail to recognise Saints strength in the air at the back. The few times we did take the ball down and run at Saints, we looked creative or we got fouled. That's how to play against them, not hump it long all day.

On a positive note, Maddison looked sharp as did Shinnie. Game changing stop by Lewis from the free kick deserves massive credit.

The most pleasing aspect bar being through is that we won the battle, something we have really struggled with against Saints. Couldn't ask for a better draw, and the players are quite correct to cheer the draw of the lowest ranked team left in the competition.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Had saints won last night and the team then heard the draw they would have reacted in exactly the same way.

That is a designated singing section.  I don't think it has worked at all.

Get it in the upper RD, surely more fans that would be keen than what was in it last night, good support in comparison to other Scottish clubs that have a section, never saw it at a league game mind you

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Get it in the upper RD, surely more fans that would be keen than what was in it last night, good support in comparison to other Scottish clubs that have a section, never saw it at a league game mind you

You'd be as well putting it on the roof.  Doesn't matter, no good place to put a singing section as we can't move the away end. Just bide our time until Kingsford.

Archived