Aberdeen vs St Johnstone

Alex_14

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah even if he'd been right next to him Rooney can score that chance, the cross should never be getting into the box that easily, Shinnie could almost pick the spot.

Pish.

Assume we went to a five man midfield because Maddison was running the show, while Swanson is just back from his injury. Not sure why we didnt put Cummins or Kane on for Swanson though, as we seemed to be in the ascendancy, and Liam offers nothing in the middle.

I can't remember the last time Maclean on his own worked though. It just gifts possession back as the opposition centre halves just push up as we've no threat behind.

Cummins/Kane for Gormley and Coulson for Swanson would have made more sense to me. I don't think we were unduly troubled at any point.

5 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Aberdeen claim their place against Celtic in the semi final.

Two big established top tier teams slugging it out for the final and the two "nothing against Morton here" diddy teams slugging it out for the other final berth.

Just now, Steve McQueen said:

Think the draw makes it worse, Morton to beat for a cup final.

Was expecting it as soon as we lost, tbh.

TBF a Final against either Old Firm side is brutal, generally get beat by some baffling decision then half of them leave before the trophies even been presented.

25 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Good cross and goal. Awful game.

Shinnie is nothing in centre mid, an absolute waste of one of the best full backs in the country.  Him and Logan on either side would be as good as anything in the country, he's just an average player at centre mid, put some other journeyman in there.

Wonder if Swanson was struggling/ feeling his injury as he was making a bit of an impact when he got subbed.

We can focus on our title challenge now...

When Aberdeen sign Tansey they will be able to play Shinnie at LB next season.

Archived