Aberdeen vs St Johnstone

Alex_14

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Saints players have been going back to the pitch for a warm down, and gone past the Aberdeen dressing room, where the Aberdeen players have all been singing and dancing with music on, and the dressing room door wide open. A Saints player has closed the door on the way past, Aberdeen players have come out the dressing room, and its all kicked off from there.

Quite a good second half after a rubbish first half.

I've now been to six Aberdeen games at Pittodrie and all of them have finished 1-0, 5 of them in favour of Aberdeen. Rooney has scored the only goal in the last three. So Sunday is guaranteed 1-0, hopefully in the home team's favour.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently Saints players have been going back to the pitch for a warm down, and gone past the Aberdeen dressing room, where the Aberdeen players have all been singing and dancing with music on, and the dressing room door wide open. A Saints player has closed the door on the way past, Aberdeen players have come out the dressing room, and its all kicked off from there.

Saints player spat the dummy then.

Understandable. Nobody likes defeat. I see what happens at 5's when teams/players lose :lol:

Anyway, absolutely shite game. We miss Ryan Jack so much, Shinnie is half the player without him (in midfield). First half we dominated, second half was more even but neither team created much. Nice save from Joe Lewis from the free kick. We've got a decent goalie for the first time in a long time (not  inc. loans). 

Pleasantly surprised by the St Johnstone support, credit to you guys. Aberdeen support was abysmal as predicted. 

Onto the semi's now, and a good chance of progressing but no counting chickens here, it'll be a difficult match.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he was the one who started the aggro

I'd be shocked if it wasn't, tbh.

Interesting the lack of Aberdeen fans on this thread btw, its utterly tragic how many of them care more about a game with Rangers than a Quarter Final.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interesting the lack of Aberdeen fans on this thread btw, its utterly tragic how many of them care more about a game with Rangers than a Quarter Final.

We're all over in the semi-final thread. Don't spit the dummy as you walk past for your warm down now

Frank-Underwood-Closing-Door-House-of-Cards.gif

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

:(

tumblr_inline_o6ylqaqQA51reygjb_500.gif

St Johnstone really are an innovative club. Not content with kicking players all over the park they have now adapted to doing it in the tunnel after the game. Quite impressive actually.

In all seriousness though they are a tough tough side. Yip, the football ain't good but they are so well organised and fight for everything. Murray Davidson typifies that.

I like Tommy Wright and giggled when he was going loony at the offside call. Which turned out to be correct.
All got a bit silly with huffs over loud music and a changing room door open though.

3 minutes ago, Deen1903 said:

Jonny Hayes would massacre the entire St Johnstone team, you just know he has about 20 knives tucked into his socks at any given time.

MacLean would only have to look at Hayes to have him a quivering wreck. One day Macca will kill on the pitch. Maybe even his own teammate.

6 minutes ago, Deen1903 said:

Jonny Hayes would massacre the entire St Johnstone team, you just know he has about 20 knives tucked into his socks at any given time.

I can't help but think of deliverance whenever i see Johnny Hayes

Away from football, not been the best week for Saints, made to look silly over appealing these dives and then taking a strop at Aberdeen celebrating. Just suck it up, nobody should have been closing their dressing room door and instead should be taking it as a compliment that they see it as such a big scalp, in terms of what we've done to them in recent times.

First half was poor fare but thought the second half was tense and engrossing and we did enough to feel hard done by with the nature of the late goal. It happens though and we had a good crack at what has been a revitalised competition. Maddison looks a real talent for Aberdeen, if prone to hitting the deck, which lets him down a bit. Everything good Aberdeen did up until the last minute seemed to go through him.

Not sure on numbers but thought the Saints support was excellent and as one. Players seemed to appreciate it at end and likewise I think their efforts were recognised.

Obviously Aberdeen got the draw we'd have wanted. Good luck to them and Derek McInnes.

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Not sure on numbers but thought the Saints support was excellent and as one. Players seemed to appreciate it at end and likewise I think their efforts were recognised.

511 according to our Twitter account last night.  Disappointed by our turnout though.  Maybe the game being live on TV had an impact but I would have hoped the reasonable ticket prices would have seen more fans turnout.

We're still having that problem of getting plenty of the ball but not creating enough clear chances for the amount of possession we have.  Just got to hope that we find a way to make it all click sooner rather then later.  We have the players to have a very potent attack.  

Archived