Aberdeen vs St Johnstone

Alex_14

Well isn't that an achievement! Maybe time to step back, evaluate and stop being such a bore?

I'm not getting myself in any sort of state about it.

Like I said nothing wrong with being pleased with the draw, it may have been adrenaline after just scoring a last minute winner but to my mind we want to win the cup so well most likely have to face celtic anyway if we want to do that.

For that reason personally I wouldn't be going mental at the draw. Quietly pleased maybe but not getting carried away at all.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the shock of nobody, Steven MacLean has admitted it was him who shut the dressing room door..

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/1036127/dons-dressing-room-celebrations-lacked-respect-claims-st-johnstone-attacker/

:lol: vikington trying to slag other teams,  :lol: Morton.

Serious question here. Have Morton ever had a good team? I honestly don't know the answer to that and not going to the trouble of looking it up so please enlighten me.

^^^ seething bumpkin found

Greenock Morton were, are and will remain a significantly bigger and better than your rural, diddy outfit. A hallmark of the Scottish game v some utterly inconsequential no-marks like yourself.

Gutted for you.

2 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Greenock Morton were, are and will remain a significantly bigger and better than your rural, diddy outfit. A hallmark of the Scottish game v some utterly inconsequential no-marks like yourself.

Gutted for you.

So when we're they good?

Gutted for you.

[emoji23]

So when we're they good?

^^^ idiot bumpkin found

I dont think the "footballing juggernaut" that is Morton have had a "decent" side since the late 60s.

You understandably wouldn't know, as you lot were too busy circling the drain in the seaside leagues at the time.

A major factor as to why Greenock Morton remain a Scottish footballing institution, while you lot are considered to be just a souped-up bumpkin outfit.

Unlucky.

23 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

You understandably wouldn't know, as you lot were too busy circling the drain in the seaside leagues at the time.

In the late 60s we finished 3rd in the top flight and knocked Hamburg out of Europe...

Gutted for you.

That's just not true though, is it?

The guy is a fucking fruit. I'm sure there was a picture of him floating about on here and there was a canny likeness to simple jack from tropical thunder. c**t's got cheek to call anyone a bumpkin :lol:

Off the top of my head, the only significant things I can think of Morton doing in my lifetime are knocking Celtic out of the cup the year we won it and losing 10-2 to Hamilton. On the other hand, Saints have been top 6 regulars for years, in Europe most years and have won the Scottish Cup. Even in the 1st division they had a few good cup runs that I can recall and always seemed to be near the top of the league.

You can't celebrate winning 10 lower league titles and then claim to be bigger than an established top 6 premiership team imo.

Off the top of my head, the only significant things I can think of Morton doing in my lifetime are knocking Celtic out of the cup the year we won it and losing 10-2 to Hamilton. On the other hand, Saints have been top 6 regulars for years, in Europe most years and have won the Scottish Cup. Even in the 1st division they had a few good cup runs that I can recall and always seemed to be near the top of the league.

You can't celebrate winning 10 lower league titles and then claim to be bigger than an established top 6 premiership team imo.

Well when you put together our ten league titles, our Scottish Cup win and our 52 league seasons spent in the top flight, then it becomes a quite obvious, historical fact that Greenock Morton are a much bigger club than the bumpkin outfit who just so happened to be good while your balls were dropping.

Which is why Morton will be playing our cup semi final at Hampden; whereas bumpkin outfits like "established top six side Saint Johnstone" accept their place in the food chain and surrender three ends of the ground to the opposition at Easter Road or Tynecastle in the same scenario.

Pretty sure we pumped the mighty Greenock Morton out of the cup last season.

Let VT have his moment. Their first cup semi in 37 years, must be incredibly exciting for him. We on the other hand get to cup semi finals for fun. We'll probably be in the Scottish cup semis this season, so looking forward to that one.

Archived