Premiership team "on the verge of administration"

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't want to get into some ridiculous debate on accounting.

My only point was that in reference to your original comment the banks didn't just simply write off our debt, apologies if I missed your point.

I think ultimately were arguing the same thing but coming from different angles. I'd originally thought you were saying the bank had just relinquished us of any obligation.

Whatever you want to call these kind of voluntary agreements with creditors the sporting sanctions rules will have made them easier to establish.

If you as a creditor push a distressed debtor club into administration in order to try and get some of your money back the sanctions will destroy another big chunk of the value that's left in the club/company* meaning that a better deal should be possible if you can settle without formal administration,

Obviously Hearts were something of an exception given that it was triggered by an entire Bank failing in a different jurisdiction so a quick, neat solution wasn't going to happen but the example seems to have nudged other clubs creditors into looking for a less drastic way out.

* Delete according to preference

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nizzy said:

In what way did your edit improve that post?

The Weirs are the real deal. They're providing Thistle with a capital injection in an area that could be beneficial in the future. It's sustainable. It's great.

Correct. It's responsible and sustainable. Not only does it benefit the club, but it benefits hundreds of youngsters across the local area and further afield. It can only be good for the wider Scottish game as well.

How anyone can be seething over this is beyond me.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It could be Ross County :(

Reveal hidden contents

County's scenario is slightly different in the respect that they are subsidised by McGregors company.  Will be interesting to see County after he's gone.

Correct. It's responsible and sustainable. Not only does it benefit the club, but it benefits hundreds of youngsters across the local area and further afield. It can only be good for the wider Scottish game as well.

How anyone can be seething over this is beyond me.

It's called jealousy.

I had a hunch it may be us. But then we did turn down an offer from Oxford for Marvellous Marv. I would have thought we would grab it if we were on the verge of administration !

Who knows whether there is any truth in this article. 

Dundee look to have taken in £750,000 in 2 recent transfers assuming Greg Stewart departs. This survey may have been completed before said transfers...

I would rule out Rangers sadly and Celtic, Aberdeen, Ross County, St Johnstone and probably Partick. So that leaves Hamilton, Motherwell, Inverness and Killie.  All a bit worrying as relegation would be a certainty for whichever club it is if they cannot turn it around. 

6 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I had a hunch it may be us. But then we did turn down an offer from Oxford for Marvellous Marv. I would have thought we would grab it if we were on the verge of administration !

Who knows whether there is any truth in this article. 

Dundee look to have taken in £750,000 in 2 recent transfers assuming Greg Stewart departs. This survey may have been completed before said transfers...

I would rule out Rangers sadly and Celtic, Aberdeen, Ross County, St Johnstone and probably Partick. So that leaves Hamilton, Motherwell, Inverness and Killie.  All a bit worrying as relegation would be a certainty for whichever club it is if they cannot turn it around. 

Two ICT posters have already stated both us, Partick and St J are debt free. 

It would be Motherwell or Kilmarnock IMO.

Edit - http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1640-2015-accounts-statement

1 hour ago, stonedsailor said:

Clubs don't get put into administration, companies do.

Source- Companies act 2006.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

"...Sound of da police

Woo woo woo!!!"

I was thinking more this.....

Guns_Don't_Kill_People_Rappers_Do.jpg

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We never reply to anything, fans e-mails, surveys, bills. So we're alright.

If you'd answered your phone we could have had Harkins a week ago.

I genuinely think that some of the media are gutted that no Clubs went to the wall after Rangers demise. Lets face it, there's plenty of Rangers fans that feel this way.

Load of pish, any proper football fan (and many fellow Rangers supporters I know) wouldn't want ANY club to be under the threat of administration. Just another P&B thread that quickly descends into a Rangers hating frenzy! Pathetic.

6 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Load of pish, any proper football fan (and many fellow Rangers supporters I know) wouldn't want ANY club to be under the threat of administration. Just another P&B thread that quickly descends into a Rangers hating frenzy! Pathetic.

Load of pish. Any proper football fan would love to see Celtic and The Rangers not only under the threat of administration, but six feet under and gone!

18 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Nah, clubs who spend beyond their means circling down the drain is funny. Was funny when Rangers died, would be funny if they die again, and ditto Celtic. Especially as the top flight has been great while your mob were in the lower leagues. More of that would be quality.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is about administration as opposed to liquidation

Clubs can't go into administration anymore, just the companies that run them.

So, even the team in question's fans shouldn't give a shit.

5 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Clubs can't go into administration anymore, just the companies that run them.

Atleast you alter your posts every so often these days.

3 hours ago, dave.j said:

Clubs can't go bust anymore, just the companies that run them.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Go and visit rangermedia.co.uk

It's actually pathetic you don't know how unpleasant a lot of your fellow fans really are.

Archived