Oliver Burke

Contra

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 15:25, forameus said:

Do you get absolutely raging at nothing so regularly for some medical condition or just for a laugh?

The problem with it is probably the whole throwing a dead animals head onto a pitch.  That's just a smidgen too far in most people's eyes.

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 16:09, forameus said:

I'll address the actual point, aside from your flying off the handle, by saying pretty much one thing.  There's a nice big middle ground to be had between "just bending over and taking any old shite given to them" and throwing a fucking cow's head onto a pitch.  The latter should not be applauded for "sticking it to the man", as I can think of many, many other ways they could have protested without going that far.  

As Gordopolis said, although I'd hate to set you off for a third time...

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 18:33, forameus said:

:lol:

Because using the whole "...not" bait and switch is ridiculously fresh.  As Falcor says (is it ok if I quote other people?), heid's gone.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 09:25, forameus said:

I'm curious as to what the limit is for "not bending over and taking it" in terms of protest.  Is throwing a severed animal head the pinnacle?  I imagine not, as that was described as "a dainty wee protest", so where do we go from there?  Stabbing an opposing fan?  Burning down their property?

Where do we stop Barbrady?!

^^^ Luis Figo found

Good to see he's playing and contributing already.

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

^^^ Luis Figo found

Good to see he's playing and contributing already.

f**k, I've been found out.  

Certainly doing himself no harm over there.  Will be interesting to see whether he starts against Lithuania.  I'd imagine he has to.

Re Foreameus.....(made a c**t of the reply, on a train at present!!!)....

Fucking hell. 'Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children'!!. Wind it in, Helen Lovejoy. I'll gladly explain, if you promise not to wet your scants at my description of 'not bending over' enflaming your rage at failure to comprehend the alternative. 

RB have been dogged by all sorts of dainty protests since their inception, but it's completely different to the situation with Hoffenheim, in that while they have both diluted the 'gene pool' of the Bundesliga, RB represent that genuine and very present enemy of any sport with a soul.....namely, the franchise. We should be glad our game is so shit that reputable firms want f**k all to do with us, but if they did, i'd be horrified if the clubs thought it a good idea to sell their soul to/for those b*****ds.

It's hardly the same as naming rights.....what a bloody stupid thing to say. Real Madrid still get a blank cheque handed to them from KJC's hedge fund every year, and until he and they are investigated, any advantage a club can gain who are in their ballpark, is fair game. Fans of Dortmund or Bayern may br considered to have a bit of a cheek wading into the argument, but lets face it....a protest by Koln or Freiburg fans is just going to look like sour grapes, given their relative lack of spending power. Its a good thing fans of those clubs have an opinion on the matter, as i strongly doubt whether Timothy or Kinning Park 2012 supporters would give two shits, as long as their investors could still piss with an enormously super-sized cock than the rest of OUR game. 

The Germans are, as usual, at the forefront of every relevant aspect of the game, but this one has f**k all to do with population, or even investment....they're not afraid to speak up, and even miss their teams' match, to prove points.....yet we, in the UK, spend a fucking fortune for a stupid little plastic seat, get told what you can/can't say, treated like shit by our own clubs, herded around inside and outside grounds like cattle, and told to f**k off til next time when the 'event' is over. THAT is bending over and taking it. 

Burke looks right at home in that standard of league, for what its' worth. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady
error

On 9/23/2016 at 09:25, forameus said:

I'm curious as to what the limit is for "not bending over and taking it" in terms of protest.  Is throwing a severed animal head the pinnacle?  I imagine not, as that was described as "a dainty wee protest", so where do we go from there?  Stabbing an opposing fan?  Burning down their property?

Where do we stop Barbrady?!

1 hour ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Re Foreameus.....(made a c**t of the reply, on a train at present!!!)....

Fucking hell. 'Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children'!!. Wind it in, Helen Lovejoy. I'll gladly explain, if you promise not to wet your scants at my description of 'not bending over' enflaming your rage at failure to comprehend the alternative. 

RB have been dogged by all sorts of dainty protests since their inception, but it's completely different to the situation with Hoffenheim, in that while they have both diluted the 'gene pool' of the Bundesliga, RB represent that genuine and very present enemy of any sport with a soul.....namely, the franchise. We should be glad our game is so shit that reputable firms want f**k all to do with us, but if they did, i'd be horrified if the clubs thought it a good idea to sell their soul to/for those b*****ds.

It's hardly the same as naming rights.....what a bloody stupid thing to say. Real Madrid still get a blank cheque handed to them from KJC's hedge fund every year, and until he and they are investigated, any advantage a club can gain who are in their ballpark, is fair game. Fans of Dortmund or Bayern may br considered to have a bit of a cheek wading into the argument, but lets face it....a protest by Koln or Freiburg fans is just going to look like sour grapes, given their relative lack of spending power. Its a good thing fans of those clubs have an opinion on the matter, as i strongly doubt whether Timothy or Kinning Park 2012 supporters would give two shits, as long as their investors could still piss with an enormously super-sized cock than the rest of OUR game. 

The Germans are, as usual, at the forefront of every relevant aspect of the game, but this one has f**k all to do with population, or even investment....they're not afraid to speak up, and even miss their teams' match, to prove points.....yet we, in the UK, spend a fucking fortune for a stupid little plastic seat, get told what you can/can't say, treated like shit by our own clubs, herded around inside and outside grounds like cattle, and told to f**k off til next time when the 'event' is over. THAT is bending over and taking it. 

Burke looks right at home in that standard of league, for what its' worth. 

You wot?