Oliver Burke

Contra

13 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Agreed. I doubt they are interested, as I think at this point they want ready-made players, not a work-in-progress like Burke.

Not sure I agree with this. Spurs probably should be aiming to sign ready-made players to kick on and win something, but Pochetino still seems to like projects that he can mould into his system. Jansen and Wanyama were both signed last summer and neither are the finished article, but have still made a solid number of appearances this season.

I would prefer he stayed in Germany, but if he did fancy a move to the PL, Spurs would probably be the best option to develop his game and give him reasonable game time. He's certainly the type of player Spurs could do with as a plan B, though they may opt for someone more proven. 

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Have we found out whether they're allowed in owing to the Red Bull Salzburg thing?

Not yet.

If I were to guess, I'd say that they wouldn't be allowed in... unfortunately.

Have we found out whether they're allowed in owing to the Red Bull Salzburg thing?

Just had a wee look at this as I had no idea what you were talking about. It's absolute pish. What was the point of RB Leipzig playing this season, other than to not get relegated, if they knew they wouldn't qualify for Europe anyway? Especially given that Red Bull Salzburg have won 8 of the past 11 Austrian titles. SV Darmstadt, who finished on a meagre 25 points, had more of a chance of qualifying for Europe than RB Leipzig :lol:

3 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Because Red Bull own two clubs who are eligible to play in the European Cup, UEFA may deny Leipzig entry.

Apparently UEFA will decide next month. 

Is it not because East Germany isn't in the EU?

You mark my words: Burger King will have their man.

The likliehood is that he will have IN excess of a million smackeroonies sitting in his bank account may just make him think twice about any job offers from BK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...