Oliver Burke

Contra

Get him into the XI to play England, with the captains armband, a free role, taking all free kicks, corners and penalties, get him to do the half-time team talk and also get him to sing the national anthem with the Proclaimers pre-match.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Get him into the XI to play England, with the captains armband, a free role, taking all free kicks, corners and penalties, get him to do the half-time team talk and also get him to sing the national anthem with the Proclaimers pre-match.

Finally some sense

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

On the stadium roof playing the bagpipes, surely?

30 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Even assuming it's true Spurs are after him, he seems like a sensible guy.  Hopefully he sees his future in continental Europe. 

Agreed. I doubt they are interested, as I think at this point they want ready-made players, not a work-in-progress like Burke.

But yes, I agree, it would've been easy for him to join an EPL club and collect easy money, but he moved to a nation that he knows will improve him as a player, I wish more Scottish players had that attitude. 

Hope he stays and cracks the Bundesliga too. But if he was to move to the EPL, Spurs would be about the right level of club - they play good football near the top of the league and are in the champions' league. And while it'd be a challenge for him to force his way into their starting XI, they're not quite in the Chelsea/Man City mould of having too many superstars in the first team already.

17 hours ago, SlayerX said:

I'd much rather he stayed in Germany and develop his all-round game, rather than retreat back to the UK with their kick and rush style football.

Spurs are probably the best footballing team in the UK right now, could be a decent move tbh.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Spurs are probably the best footballing team in the UK right now, could be a decent move tbh.

Agreed. However, I haven't seen the story that Spurs are looking at him.

The thing with the EPL is that it's only good because of the foreign players, and the clear majority of them learn their trade in their home nation before heading for the riches of English football. I want Burke to spend at least 3 or 4 years in Germany, and then if he heads to England, then so be it, if he does then he'll be doing so a superior player.

Talking of, Sky Sports did a survey recently and it shows that EPL teams are made up of 70% foreign players. I wonder when/if they reach a point where they say that is enough is enough and introduce a limit of the amount of foreign players each team can play. They say that it would be against the European law of freedom of movement, but it wouldn't, as if the rule was introduced then teams could buy as many foreigners as they like, but they can only play a certain amount.