Oliver Burke

Contra

Bit depressing that our 2 brightest teenagers in years both went abroad and it hasn't seemed to have worked out for either. Not that I've given up on Gauld yet.

I hope youngsters in the future aren't put off by it. I still think there's a lot of merit in playing in better, more technical leagues than the epl

Quite shite. Pretty sure it was said that when he moved to RBL, he had essentially no tactical awareness or anything, and I see this as a massive backwards step - even if it means more game time.

Some of his defensive "laziness" for Scotland was absolutely unreal. It's just sad that he's made zero effort to overcome his flaws. And yet he seems relatively bright for a Scottish footballer.

32 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Some of his defensive "laziness" for Scotland was absolutely unreal. It's just sad that he's made zero effort to overcome his flaws. And yet he seems relatively bright for a Scottish footballer.

How do you know this?

Guardian story - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/22/crystal-palace-bid-rb-leipzig-oliver-burke

"Crystal Palace are expected to follow the appointment of Dougie Freedman as sporting director with an offer for Oliver Burke, with the Scotland winger braced to leave RB Leipzig before the end of the transfer window.

Burke, who worked with Freedman at Nottingham Forest, moved to the Bundesliga club last summer for £13m but, despite some promising early cameos and a goal on his third appearance, made only five league starts over his debut season. The 20-year-old was omitted from the Leipzig squad for Saturday’s loss at Schalke in the first round of German top-flight fixtures, with Frank de Boer having confirmed Palace’s interest last week. He is likely to cost around £15m."

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Derek Rae intimated it.   I say zero effort.  Minimal effort would be more accurate.

Questioning someone's work ethic based on an interpretation of something Derek Rae has said is shaky ground. Let the boy grow up and give him some time before jumping to massive conclusions.

40 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

Questioning someone's work ethic based on an interpretation of something Derek Rae has said is shaky ground. Let the boy grow up and give him some time before jumping to massive conclusions.

It wasn't Derek Rae expressing his opinion... he was citing the club.  

It wasn't Derek Rae expressing his opinion... he was citing the club.  

Made minimal effort or has had minimal results? There is quite a big difference, and given that he's moved his family out there, sounds very focused etc it's clear that he's not a total waster.

Made minimal effort or has had minimal results? There is quite a big difference, and given that he's moved his family out there, sounds very focused etc it's clear that he's not a total waster.

Like I said before, it's very surprising as he seems a sharp lad.

Quite good business for Leipzig that.  Surprised they're settling for 15 to be honest too.  Buy a prospect for 13 million, find out he's not what you thought he was and still make a profit on him.  Usually you make a loss in such situations.  Premier League...Gawd bless 'em.

If he's playing on the flank in a Tony Pulis team, he'll absolutely be expected to track the full-back and defend. If that's genuinely the reason Leipzig are letting him go, it might not be the worst move.