Oliver Burke

Contra

Not like me to support Pep but he's correct here. Nowt to do with Ollie Burke mind you.

I wonder if he'll get a chance at West Brom or if he'll have to move again. It would be nice to see him at a Bournemouth or Watford or something if he does move, rather than going from Championship club to Championship club just to get a run of games.

On 5/23/2018 at 11:29, BingMcCrosby said:

Agreed, but just for clarity I was correct :-)

I wouldn't have bothered pointing out the mistake to anyone else

For clarity you were 100% wrong.

What a hype job this guy was for a while. Good athlete - terrible footballer.
Terrific athlete and decent footballer (watch his forest highlights). Not got all the tools needed to crack the top level, but he has only just turned 21 so way too early to suggest he's a perma-donkey

Probably as absurd a comparison as saying that "Burke is finished", but it took Gareth Bale some years to figure out how to use his physical attributes effectively.

e.g. mind that stat about Spurs never winning a Premier League game that he had played in? 

He's probably going to end up a centre-half.  I remember Jim McLean many moons ago, touting Christian Dailly as the new Charlie Nicholas which obviously seems ridiculous now but... I played football with Christian as a kid and he was a lot like Burke in that he was big, powerful and quick and could run the whole pitch through an entire team before scoring. He was a beast in the early years and capable of magic I thought (swoon). Then... I don't know what happened. Suddenly he was a centre-half.

Burke's pace and power looks a fantastic offensive weapon for Scotland on paper (toilet paper!) and I still have high hopes for the young Englishman (mini-troll) as long as he keeps learning, hopefully under a coach such as Jürgen KloppHe sounds reasonably intelligent (probs the accent) and I do think he cares about progressing for club and country. Check the quality of this goal for example (at 2:54) and ignore the level of the opposition -- look at the speed and finish:

3 hours ago, MickeyPaul said:

He's probably going to end up a centre-half.  I remember Jim McLean many moons ago, touting Christian Dailly as the new Charlie Nicholas which obviously seems ridiculous now but... I played football with Christian as a kid and he was a lot like Burke in that he was big, powerful and quick and could run the whole pitch through an entire team before scoring. He was a beast in the early years and capable of magic I thought (swoon). Then... I don't know what happened. Suddenly he was a centre-half.

Burke's pace and power looks a fantastic offensive weapon for Scotland on paper (toilet paper!) and I still have high hopes for the young Englishman (mini-troll) as long as he keeps learning, hopefully under a coach such as Jürgen KloppHe sounds reasonably intelligent (probs the accent) and I do think he cares about progressing for club and country. Check the quality of this goal for example (at 2:54) and ignore the level of the opposition -- look at the speed and finish:

Sorry, falling for it!!!

He was born in KIRKCALDY!!!