QUEENS V Falkirk

16 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

That first goal gets better every time I see it.

Likewise. The more I see it the more I realise it's actually the better goal of the two. The camera angle outside the post which shows how much it curls to get around Rogers and inside the post is tremendous work. Rogers is completely blameless on it. It's unstoppable.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first goal was sublime - the skill required to curl the ball out of the reach of the keeper and just inside the post with his first touch was exceptional. The second was brilliant too, Dobbie had half the Falkirk team between him and the goal. It took pinpoint accuracy to pick out a route through heavy traffic to the net.

His composure when he gets a sight of goal is remarkable, his execution peerless at this level. Dobbie's Goals of 2016-17 compilation is going to be quite something at this rate.

25 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Watched the game on Falkirk tv and thought Rogers was at fault for the first, the view from behind shows just how late he saw it though, unreal finish if he truly meant to bend it round the gap in the defenders.

Oh, he meant it alright.

29 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Watched the game on Falkirk tv and thought Rogers was at fault for the first, the view from behind shows just how late he saw it though, unreal finish if he truly meant to bend it round the gap in the defenders.

"If he meant it" :lol:

His composure when he gets a sight of goal is remarkable, his execution peerless at this level. Dobbie's Goals of 2016-17 compilation is going to be quite something at this rate.

Indeed. The last time I had a signature on here was the season before Dobbie left. I reckon I'll have to upload a new signature to keep count again B)

Oh, he meant it alright.

This.

As I've said before. Us QoS fans are continuing to rave about this guy because we know he's capable of those kind of finishes. Never has hype been more appropriate. To sound like a bitter wee team supporter (not a dig at you Mr Dust), had Rooney scored a goal like that at the weekend it'd be replayed all week on Sky. Sublime.

WTF was Houston going on afterwards about 'losing soft goals. We lost a side-foot from 25 yards'?

Presumably that's because he hasn't got a player remotely in Dobbie's class and can't conceive of someone scoring a goal of that quality at this level. Beautifully taken, first time, curled to perfection round the keeper (who had absolutely no chance) and just inside the post. A thing of beauty. And as for the second goal. One word: genius.

Did you see sibbalds cracker v hibs two weeks ago? However agree we'd love a player like dobbie and it wasn't a soft goal to lose

Like a lot of people on here i actually thought the first goal was better than the second after seeing the footage.IMO Jacobs had his best game in a Queens shirt.Ialso think Robinson was a wee bit lucky with his challenge on Baird.

Like a lot of people on here i actually thought the first goal was better than the second after seeing the footage.IMO Jacobs had his best game in a Queens shirt.Ialso think Robinson was a wee bit lucky with his challenge on Baird.

I agree with this. Had the officials had a clear view it could easily have been red. He wasn't protecting himself, it was just nasty.

Dobbie though [emoji7]

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I agree with this. Had the officials had a clear view it could easily have been red. He wasn't protecting himself, it was just nasty.

Dobbie though emoji7.png

Really ? He is more than entitled to protect himself when Baird is charging in with an arm towards his midrift. He has a kind of tangle with Brownlie and has absolutely no chance of getting to the ball before Robinson but still goes steaming in. 

Really ? He is more than entitled to protect himself when Baird is charging in with an arm towards his midrift. He has a kind of tangle with Brownlie and has absolutely no chance of getting to the ball before Robinson but still goes steaming in. 

"Protecting himself" isn't an excuse to plant his studs in his midriff.

52 minutes ago, Q0S-RUSH said:

Jacobs has been excellent, like having a new signing. 

Archived