QUEENS V Falkirk

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This post was already a delight, but now...

Sweet Jesus, it's a masterpiece. I've never had a signature on here, but I'm considering creating one. 

Another gem!

It was obviously a joke.

What's not a joke is Dumfries being a total midden. Where you at Georges?

Jordan Marshall was a good find last season and has done well but he is still only 19 & slightly injury prone so the inclusion of the experienced Bob Harris would really strengthen the back line and give good competition for places and bolster up the squad. There is a long hard season ahead with hopefully lots of cup games as well as league games to contend with.

11 hours ago, distresseduke said:

I realise we are a massive scalp for the smallest supported full time team in Scottish football but it will matter not a f**k as none of us are moving from this division

We were slight favourites going into the game and won. It wasn't really an upset and I think you may even have predicted this earlier in the thread. 

Guest Back Post Misses

Dobbie is a player that should and could be playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship but it is his love for the club that has seen him return sooner than expected.

I honestly can't see any other player of that quality dropping down to play in this division for any club whilst they have the ability to still play at a higher level.

We at Queen of the South realise how fortunate we are to have the services of such a player and the rest of the division is about to realise exactly what a class player Dobbie is.

Out of interest which "quality" player would you realistically like to see signing for your club?

Son I have seen more quality at Falkirk that have played at a much better standard than Dobbie over the years so calm yourself down. If you pay the dollar you get the players. Fair play to QOS Board for showing some ambition.

Guest Back Post Misses

Let's get one thing straight here......i'm perfectly calm and I'm not your son.....capisce?!

I'm certainly not interested in the glory days of Falkirk FC and who they had playing for them when the whole economics of Scottish football was completely different. What I am interested in is the present state of our game and the type of player it can attract NOW.

In my near 40 years of following the South this is probably the greatest signing coup during that time. It's even more remarkable given the current state of Scottish football and the fact we are a relatively small and unsuccessful club that a player of his ilk would even contemplate signing for us.

I will reiterate my point that I doubt that any other club in the Scottish lower leagues could sign a player of Dobbie's class and calibre whilst he is still more than capable of playing at a higher level.

I stand by my statement and would love to be proved wrong but I won't hold my breath old bean.

Still naive after 40 years?

Cash is king, first, last always.

I will repeat well done to QOS attracting him. I wish we would show that vision. Whether that is the manager or our Board I am not sure.

However if you believe that another club could not have said to Dobbie, come to us for X more than you offered you are kidding yourself. Falkirk's Boardroom has at least 3 multi millionaires on the Board and if they chose to throw their money at it (I am not advocating they do) they would attract a player of Dobbies quality as would any club for that matter.

Son I have seen more quality at Falkirk that have played at a much better standard than Dobbie over the years so calm yourself down. If you pay the dollar you get the players. Fair play to QOS Board for showing some ambition.

Let's get one thing straight here......i'm perfectly calm and I'm not your son.....capisce?!

I'm certainly not interested in the glory days of Falkirk FC and who they had playing for them when the whole economics of Scottish football was completely different. What I am interested in is the present state of our game and the type of player it can attract NOW.

In my near 40 years of following the South this is probably the greatest signing coup during that time. It's even more remarkable given the current state of Scottish football and the fact we are a relatively small and unsuccessful club that a player of his ilk would even contemplate signing for us.

I will reiterate myself since the more senior posters appear to be having difficulties in grasping my point...... I doubt that any other club in the Scottish lower leagues could sign a player of Dobbie's class and calibre at this precise moment in time whilst he is still more than capable of playing at a higher level.

I stand by my statement and would love to be proved wrong but I won't hold my breath old bean.

Still naive after 40 years?

Cash is king, first, last always.

I will repeat well done to QOS attracting him. I wish we would show that vision. Whether that is the manager or our Board I am not sure.

However if you believe that another club could not have said to Dobbie, come to us for X more than you offered you are kidding yourself. Falkirk's Boardroom has at least 3 multi millionaires on the Board and if they chose to throw their money at it (I am not advocating they do) they would attract a player of Dobbies quality as would any club for that matter.

Other clubs did make Dobbie offers and given the alleged clubs resources it's extremely likely they were more than Queens offered. He came to Queens anyway.

Guest Back Post Misses

Other clubs did make Dobbie offers and given the alleged clubs resources it's extremely likely they were more than Queens offered. He came to Queens anyway.

For the umpteenth time I credit QOS for their ambition

Archived